9. The Eleventh Victim

Its October 31st. Halloween, school is half day. No school tomorrow. I haven't seen Gerard since the day he went to his old house. There has been a few news reports, but none of them say he's been found. So I'm assuming he's okay. Bob has kept me calm, I actually could talk to him about it. I don't know why I was panicking, I didn't want Gerard to gt caught but I was sure he could handle himself.

I didn't feel as scared as I thought I would be since Gerard disappeared. Maybe he would come back, and maybe he didn't want to. Maybe he just wanted to go alone and keep me out of trouble.. or maybe...he's dead.

The teachers didn't bother to give us homework, even some of them dressed up. It was amusing seeing Mrs. L dressed as a pirate though. When I was in her class I was called down to the office.

I walked into the office and the principal Mr. Herb looked at me with narrowed eyes. He had an officer with him, it was the chief. Chief Gregory. He was the cop who shot me in that dream. I knew he was real, but my mind figured he just wanted me dead sometimes.

"Mr. Iero, do you know why you're here?" Mr. Herb asked. I shook my head and they made me walk into the closed in office. Gregory sat down and kept his grey eyes on me. "Frank, Mr. Gregory needs to speak with you. Its important. I will leave you two alone." Mr. Herb said, the round man left the room closing the door. I looked at the officer, his hands were clasped together and his eyes were on me sternly.

"Hello, Frank. I'm Mr. Gregory. Call me Gregory if you will." He said.

"Hi." I said shortly, I had no idea what I did. Then I realized, what if someone found out about Gerard? Bob, you wouldn't have would you? "What's this about?" I asked in a nervous tone. I hoped he didn't become suspicious about me, I mean, hell he's a cop. Who wouldn't be nervous when you're hiding a killer in your house days ago?

"Well, a few days ago I had a few cops come in and question every student. And you weren't here." Gregory said.

"I was sick that day." I said, I knew he was talking about the day that I stayed home.

"Right, well today is the day that I was off duty and decided to come in and finish questioning." Gregory told me.

"Questioning about what?" I asked.

"You are aware of the murderer on the loose, right? Gerard Way. Killer of ten." Gregory said in a questioning tone.

"Yes, I am aware." I said, Gregory nodded.

"You live in the little farm house near Lupus Woods don't you?" Gregory asked.

"I do."

"And you know he was sighted there a week ago and shot in those woods."

"Right."

"Don't you walk through the woods each day?"

"I do."

"Why?"

"Its better than almost getting run over on the road. there's a path."

"Have you seen the killer?"

"No."

"Not at all?"

"I haven't seen him. Only in pictures." I lied. I hated lying, but I knew I had to. Gregory nodded and wrote down my answers. He was keeping track. I hoped I was a good liar right now, I couldn't stand the thought of Gregory finding out that I really have seen Gerard. I would be broken if that happened.

"Do you know who he killed, Frank?" Gregory asked.

"Ten people, that's all I know." I lied.

"Alright, can you promise me something?" He asked.