21. You Can't Run Away

Gerard spent a few days in the apartment. He was so paranoid. Every sound of a door opening he would jump or flinch. I walked inside the house from the store once and he actually screamed 'sorry' and locked himself in the bathroom.

I was pulling him out of the bedroom, he was insisting that he should stay in there. He was so scared. I couldn't pull him anymore. I dropped down and pulled him close.

"Gerard, are you serious?" I asked, he was shaking. I ran my fingers through his hair.

"They're gunna get me." Gerard whispered. "I can't leave you Frank." Gerard whimpered. I ran my fingers through his hair again.

"They won't get you." I said.

"Let's run away together." Gerard whispered. J sighed.

"Gee I can't go any father. Mom is already mad at me." I said. He frowned and pulled himself closer to me.

"Frank, I can't stay here. Staying here is basically turning myself in. Self-suicide." Gerard said.

"We'll be okay for a few more days. Donna's money is coming soon, then we can get enough gas. Then we will go." I told him, I took his hand and linked our fingers together.

"R-really?" Gerard asked, I nodded and his face turned into a smile.

"We'll make it out of here. Together." I said, Gerard kissed me, he pressed his lips to mine. Emotions of his seemed to zap through me all the way to my toes. He pushed me down until I was laying down flat on my back. Our lips still connected to the point of exploring each others mouths. Gerard moved overtop of me, his fingers in my hair and his lips and tongue moving against mine.

My hands roamed his body, his lips passionate. I could feel every emotion running through him. My hands stopped at his hips. He paused, or lips disconnected. I looked up at him. His olive eyes grazed over my face. He ran his thumb over my cheek and sighed. I sighed too, he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"I can't leave you, Frank." Gerard whispered. I reached up and brought his face to mine, our lips touching. We missed for a bit more and Gerard stopped, he stood up pulling me up too. He carried me back into the bedroom and pushed me gently down onto the bed. He climbed over top of me and pulled off my shirt. He was silent.

When he pulled off my shirt, he shrugged out of his own. His white flesh held many silver scars. Gerard's eyes scanned my chest, then he brought those olive eyes up onto me. We kissed.

Gerard kissed down my chest and left a few marks on my chest after nipping the soft flesh. I did the same to him. After a while, we moved up onto the bed and laid together. Our bodies touching, our arms around each other. Before I drifted to sleep...

"I love you Frank." Gerard whispered. That was the last thing I heard.

______________________________________

I was walking down the road, a paper bag with coffee grounds, Dr. Pepper, and waffles in my hands. I wasn't too far away, I was just passing the music store. I could see an image of Gerard on the TV wedged in the corner in the store. I sighed, Gerard was probably watching it at home. He did that as a way of torture. I continued walking.

I was about to turn the corner when I heard the music store door jingle. I ignored it and walked towards the apartment flats. I walked into Unit 13 and closed the door behind me. I locked it.

"Mom, cmon. Stop acting fine about this!" Gerard said, he was on the phone in the kitchen. "I don't want to." He snapped. "I won't turn myself in," he hung up and took an angry breath. I walked in and he looked up at me. I started putting things away.