14. Attack

'There has been no sign of Gerard Way, no recent murders from him. The schools around the area will be closed for a few more days.' The news report announced. Gerard was sitting on the bed beside me, we moved back into the loft three days ago. He was shaking and wincing in pain every few seconds, his teeth grit tightly.

"You sure you don't just want the meds your mom sent home with us?" I asked, his eyes were slightly bleeding, a few scarlet drops sliding down his snow white face. "Gee, cmon." I said, he sighed and I got up and went to my bag. "You'd think you wouldn't feel it anymore." I said. I got the meds out and the walked back to him. It was a sort of morphine. He took them hesitantly after rolling the pills around on his fingers.

"It hurts really bad." Gerard mumbled, he swallowed the pills and I reached out to wipe blood droplets off of his face. Gerard sighed and leaned back, he closed his eyes tiredly. I changed the channel and watched some cartoons on some stupid channel.

I don't know how long I watched them, but I eventually got up to make a sandwich. When I finished it and ate it, my phone rang. It was Kate, my aunt who pretends to give a damn.

"Hello." I answered.

"Frankie, how are you?" Kate asked.

"I'm fine." I answered.

"Did you hear about that murderer? He like, escaped prison. In your area!" Kate went on.

"Yeah, I heard about the murderer." I answered.

"Such a horrible man." Kate said.

"Yah, horrible man." I lied in agreement.

"That poor boy that was killed in the woods." Kate said in a sad tone.

"Can we just agree that he's a horrible ma-" she cut me off.

"Monster." Kate said.

"Okay, a horrible monster." I said. "I have to go." I said, she said goodbye and hung up, I set my phone down and turned around to see Gerard sitting on the bed, his feet off the edge, his foggy olive eyes on me. "Gee?" I asked, he stood up, his expression an angry mask. His stance was slightly seating from the strong painkillers.

"What the fuck, Pansy?" Gerard asked in an uneven hurt tone.

"What?" I said, he walked up o me and shoved me, I stumbled back and I flipped over the couch and onto the floor. Hell, that hurt really bad.

"Why don't you tell me how you really feel, asshole?" Gerard snapped, he walked around the couch and I scrambled to my feet. I backed against the wall and he moved closer, one of his hands lashed out and slammed me into the wall.

"Gerard stop!" I snapped, the breath was almost knocked out of me. He slammed me again, this time harder.

"Tell me how you really feel, Pansy!" Gerard snarled. He punched me hard in the face and I yelped in pain. "Let me be a fucking monster, Pansy!" He ground out, he punched me and there me down on the floor. He bent down and leaned over grabbing my hair. I tried clawing at his hand and arm.

"Gerard stop!" I wheezed, he punched me in the stomach and I coughed. "You don't understand!" I said, gerard hit me more and then pulled that jagged knife. That damn knife of his, came out of nowhere.

"I'm no fucking monster!" Gerard snarled, he sliced my arm. I squeaked.

"No you're not!" I said, I grabbed his hair and pulled his face to mine, I pressed our lips together and felt his knife go back over my skin and slip out of his hand. His grip on my hair was tighter, his lips were almost violent against mine and then soft and passionate. "That was my aunt, I had to lie to her. I couldn't say that you weren't a bad guy or it could cause her to find out." I told him. He let go of my hair and kissed my cheek. "I'm sorry Gerard. I don't really think you're a monster." I told him. He kissed my jaw and sat up taking my hand and running his finger over the bloody slices he put into my skin. I winced, he kissed my hand, my wrist, and each slice, his tongue flashed out over the cuts wiping the blood away.

"Fuck I'm sorry." Gerard whispered, he raised his eyes up onto my face. I watched his expression through sadness and a bit of regret.

"Its fine, it'll heal." I said looking at his thumb on the slice in my arm.

"Listen." Gerard snapped, I looked back at him, his expression was unreadable. "I wanted to kill you." Gerard said darkly, his accent in his voice was thick. My eyes went wide. "I was going to."

"Would you?" I asked. Gerard sighed, he kissed my forehead.

"Yes." He whispered against my forehead. I froze and he lightly kissed me again. "And then myself." He said. He stood up and pulled me to my feet, he walked me to the bathroom. He put me on the counter and I pulled him close to kiss him hard. When he pulled away he got out the wound cleaning stuff and took care of my arm.

"It'll heal, don't feel bad.". Said. He walked with me back to the couch. We sat down together.

"Regret." Gerard said simply. "I don't really feel it anymore." He said. "That emotion, that feeling, its gone."

"Because you've probably gone through it so much." I stated, he nodded and i put in a movie, when I sat back down I cuddled against him. His body was so warm, yet so cold at the same time. I just kind of fell asleep on him, his arm around my shoulders.

****DREAM*****

I was in the woods, strange noises echoed around the trees. I felt slices go through me, the familiar edge of Gerard's blade. I fell to my knees, Gerard grabbed my hair and forced me to look at him.

His face was twisted into a spine chilling grin with jagged sharp teeth dripping with blood. His eyes were black with a reflection of stars in them causing a glowing aura. His bkdy seemed to grow thicker, his face elongating into a wolfish snout and his ears molded into points. His body shifted into a large werewolf-like beast, large clawed paws slashed out, the claws cutting my throat like his blade. Blood splattered everywhere, against wolf-Gerard's black fur. I let out a scream and wolf-Gerard lunged forward sinking his teeth into my throat.

*****END DREAM*****

I screamed and felt arms go around me in a gentle protective grip. I almost burrowed mself into him. "Pansy, calm down. You're okay." Gerard hummed in my ear. Hr was cold, I felt like I was on fire. His soft fingers filed through my hair in a soothing way.

"Nightmares." I said, Gerard sighed. "You're always in them." I said keeping my eyes shut tight.

"Subconsciously you are frightened of me." Gerard said in a calm tone.

"I am not! You're not as scary anymore." I replied.

"You were though. deep down somewhere inside," he lightly poked my chest, "you are still scared." He finished. I opened my eyes and looked up at him.

"What can you see?" I asked, his eyes flicked down and searched mine.

"The bruises on your face." He said in a hollow tone. His thumb brushed my cheek, the flesh was tender. "I can see almost everything. But its like, fuzzy, but its not so bad. Some colours are greyer though, not as vibrant." Gerard answered.

"I'm glad you can see though, Gerard. Everything would be dark if you couldn't." I said.

"Its not like anything can get darker. My life IS darkness." Gerard stated. I sighed and snuggled into him tiredly.

*************

A/N: so, this chapter is dedicated to MiseryBeForgoten because she guessed he correct song! B.Y.O.B. by System Of A Down.

I would like to thank my brother Mikey (MasterOfUnicornMikey) for helping me with this chapter. Love ya bro!

Another chapter challenge!

Name the song and band from these lyrics:

"If I go crazy then will you still call me superman, if I'm alive and well will you be there holding my hand? I'll keep you by my side with my super human might. Kryptonite!" (Some words may be off)

~I Smoke Two Joints In The Mornin' I Smoke two Joints At Night, I Smoke Two Joints In The Afternoon, It Makes Me Feel Alright lol

XoXog