Chapter Eight.

"Another hour or so before we get to the Cochise county," Detective Walton Parker said to his side kick as he turns to the gasoline station at Tuscon. 

Harmington had sunglasses on since they started their journey early in the morning. Most people would get coffee as a supplement but Harmington doesn't believe in that as it gives him the shakes. He turned the map that is in his lap and asked Parker, "wait so we are going  the right way to Bisbee?"

Parker pulled to the the second pump and then parked the SUV. He faced Harmington and nodded, "that is what my GPS says," he sassed at him. 

Harmington furrowed his eyebrows and questioned him, "you have a GPS?"

Parker smiled small as his lips hit his nose since he had his mustache. A thing he grew every once in a while. 

Harmington realized that Parker was only joking as he got out of the car. He stayed there when Parker went inside to pay. Harmington rolled down the window and then hollered at him, "hey would you get me a red bull or monster?!"

Parker turned around, "that type of shit doesn't give you the shakes but coffee does?"

"Oh no," Harmington answered, "both do. It's just if we are dying today might as well die in honor of something that marks a beast. You get it? Because monster-"

"Yeah yeah yeah. I will get you whatever," Parker muttered as he opened the gas station entrance door. 

He first went to the restroom because he hasn't drained himself ever since home which was almost four hours ago. God damn his bladder is messing up on him already and he is only fifty five.  He might as well go to Walmart on his way back and buy himself a big jumbo pack of mens Xl diapers....linens. Whatever you may call them but he just knew it was embarrassing enough regardless. 

He walked into the restroom and it is only lit by one small florescent light at the top of the ceiling. He went to the first urinal and when he unzipped his zipper he heard something behind him. He jumped a little and noticed it was just an older man exiting. 

"Jesus," he muttered to himself and proceeded to do business. 

Creak

It came from beside him.

(It's not just your head Walton. Stop)

He stopped by one small drizzle and then he looked around, "hello?" 

(Don't continue on! Turn back now)

(You can't go far Detective. He will sprawl your guts on the lawn but your heart will remain intact)

Goosebumps full his arms and his lower privates as he hasn't zipped up yet.

(DON'T SEE THAT WITCH!!!)

He has to be imagining this. Just a little illusion from not sleeping enough. He is only hearing things. He isn't seeing the walls ooze blood or the bathroom stall has Stop or he will kill her too imprinted on it. He blinked his eyes. 

It wasn't here. It wasn't here. It wasn't-

A loud banging of the door opening broke him out of it and all the things he saw went away and the voice left. 

He zipped up and washed his hands. He decided he should spray his face with water to stay awake and not imagine things from here on out for the journey. 

He exited the bathroom then went to the drinks. He got himself a pop from the fridge then went to the other one. They didn't have monster (Good) so he got a redbull for Harmington. He decided to get a few doughnuts for the road and then went to the cashier.