Chapter Thirteen

That night Elijah laid awake in his bed that was a king size yet was only his.He had the master bedroom now and with that it came with it's perks but at the same time he felt as though there was no one to fill the void. Someone to make the bed feel small and not himself.

He held the pack of cigrettes Parker gave to him and placed them on his chest with a sigh. His stare was on the ceiling, trying to count the little pebbles of the pattern. After three hundred and ninety six to be exact he flopped over on the bed and looked at the pack as if he had never seen one in his life.

He didn't want to be addicted to something else but if he was an addict like he said then he wanted to get better somehow. Somehow. He was so tired to not be the best he could be. He was tired of not being the perfect one yet.

His brother was dead though his mother still loved him more than Elijah. That might sound unrealistic because a mother's love is equal but for Elijah and how hard he puts the work in to make her proud you'd think she loved him more. More than a guy that couldn't stay alive enough for him to properly do the duties of life.

"Starfly from Mad Max. Do you copy Starfly?" the speaker came from under the bed and he flopped off the bed. He groaned as he threw his arm underneath and fetched it out.

He pushed the button, "yes go ahead."

"How did the meeting go?"

"Weird actually," Elijah said sitting down on the bed at the edge and letting him take the pause before going again, "I met this cop that gave me a few pointers and it gave me a a bad vibe."

"How so?'

Elijah didn't know himself as he replied, "I don't actually know. All I know is I'm going to a new one in the morning. Do you think you guys could give me a ride to it?"

Max understood whenever Elijah was having a bad time he never really wanted to drive. He understood a lot of Elijah that it was very surprising.

"Yeah of course. She is hanging out with her boyfriend though so maybe she might be late."

Elijah's mind became fuzzy and his heart started to beat out of it's chest and it wasn't a good feeling. The only person that made him feel special somehow and that he wanted to make her feel mutual. The person that held all of his thoughts and a most of his actions during the day. It felt like he was alone again and he felt hurt.

He felt so god damn hurt and there was only one thing he could do.

Don't do it.

He appeared this time in front of Elijah. And Elijah shook his head.

"I have to. Why the fuck would she not tell me? I thought we both were-"

"Eli this isn't a solution and you know it, We all know it, now sit back down," his brother's morage's voice said and his voice held emotion that it sounded like he was actually there.

"No you don't have the say in it anymore," Elijah said as he grabbed his wallet and threw the pack of cigrettes and walkie talkie on the bed, "you don't have the say so in anything I do anymore. I am not hearing you right now."

"But you are," the sas sounded just like he wasn't dead. He even sat on the bed, "you become this little asshole whenever you drink. It would be different if you aren't such a prick and you're actually happy like I am when I'm drunk."

"When you were drunk. When you were," Elijah corrected him and went out of the bedroom door.

The morage followed him as it got out of the hallway before Elijah, "correction actually. I never really drank before my accident now I'm fine. We always run. It helps bro. Thanks."