Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen.

The power of grief haunts your mind first. You can't fathom about something so hard as losing someone you once loved. It kills you inside because you won't be able to make more memories with that person. Ever again.

It's pure torture when it hits your gut. You can't eat anything even if it looks good to you. It could be a family traditional lasagna and you won't eat a bite because you're afraid if you do you might puke. It's so uncomfortable when someone makes eye contact with you and they know....

What's even worse is when the grief takes ahold of the heart strings and cut it with a scissors of life. You want to shade off from people and you want to be alone. Sometimes it doesn't matter if its partner who wants to be around you....if it's someone who is important to you, you'll distant yourself from them.

Some people get lucky you could say and they don't have to go something like that but those who do would testify there is no greater pain.

Elijah Stevenson can promise you that.

"Tell me."

His morage was stronger this time that he could swear if the two people were fully looking they would find another guy in the back seat, "please," it begged.

Elijah wipped away a single tear, "you're in my mind wouldn't you know?"

"Aunt Karen molested you and that's why you never-"

"Don't just assume things," Elijah closed his eyes and begged for his mind to go back to normal.

"We are trying to not, dude," Max proclaims to him and then looks over to Madetlyn. There was definaetly something wrong with Elijah now. He looked as pale as a ghost and looked as if he was going to puke.

"Whoa, whoa," Madetlyn says and then points to the car door, "throw up outside please."

Elijah opened the door quickly and retrieved himself to a light pole as he hunched over and threw up the one doughnut he did have.

When he came back up for air there he was again. Elijah sighed as his brother tried to touch his face. He failed and then said with a small sob, "i'm sorry. I am so sorry I didn't know."

"I didn't expect you to know what I went through," Elijah now said to no one and Madetlyn looked puzzled.

"What happened to you?"

Shit.

Elijah wiped his mouth and came up fully. There was a a tough and sour taste in his mouth now. He needed a breath mint so bad. And wanted a drink.

Not need one...just wanted one.

"Eli-" Madetlyn went up to him and they stood there looking at each other. It's like she finally saw this true side of him. A side that he didn't wanna show at all. A side that no one knew he had.

A secret he held in for so long that he didn't even tell his brother.

His brother's morage was gone now but Madetlyn was still there.

She was real and what happened to him was real. Madetln came a little closer to him, "look whatever happened I am sure it will be okay. You will be okay. I am here."

Madetlyn came even closer and as she did his breath hitched even more. She put her hand on his and held it there. Caressing it like it belonged there any time of the day.

Elijah's voice was pitched nervously as he whispered, "Max said you have a boyfriend."

Madetlyn stood back a little, "what?" she asked confusingly.