Chapter 3: Did I?

Dahyun's POV

"What is this that your friend, Chaeyoung, told me, huh!? You're treating them at our mall, again!? Did you know how hard it is to earn money!?" I'll murder this cub tomorrow for telling that to my grandpa.

"So what? We have a lot of money, right? Besides, that's just my way of apologizing. Don't you feel a little proud to your only grandchild because he can do this big thing just to apologize to their friends?" I told grandpa without giving a care about my choice of words.

"Way of apologizing!? Do you think that, that's enough to a person to forgive you!? Your such a pathetic little being! Be thankful that you're my only grandchild, or else you'll never inherit my riches!" Grandpa scolded me one last time before entering his room.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance. I just treated them, there's nothing wrong with it...

...right?

----------------------------------------------------------

Time Skip (Tomorrow, at school)

"I already warned and told you, Dahyun. You just wouldn't listen." Stated Chaeyoung while he crossed his arms and leaned on the school cafeteria's chair.

I told Tzuyu and Chaeyoung the whole lecturing that grandpa gave me.

"D-Dahyun-hyung, please listen to Chaeyoung-hyung, just this time on what he's telling you." Tzuyu stuttered while fiddling with his fingers. You really wouldn't have thought that this "looks could kill" guy would be this shy and innocent. He's the only innocent people that I like.

"Even you, Tzuyu? Tch."

"Dahyun, if you really don't like being scolded by your grandpa, just do those things that wouldn't anger him. You always do the opposite, you know?" Chae said calmly. I stayed quiet. I really don't like the idea.

Yes, I do want grandpa to stop scolding and lecturing me all the time. But I can't help it, if I wouldn't treat my friends like a royalty, then they'll just leave me. Like her...

"I do want this to stop, Chae. But I can't because, I'm afraid that my friends will just leave me like a p-person in the past." My voice cracked at the sudden thought of that person. I wanted to cry but I don't want my friends to think that I am weak. So I fought and held back my tears by biting my bottom lip.

"You're about to cry in front of us, right?" Chae's gaze softened at me. "You still haven't forgotten that? Past is past, Dahyun. Someday, you'll find someone better than her."

"You made it sound like it was so easy to move on." I told him while looking down, afraid that my tears will fell any second now.

"L-Let's just change the topic, hyungs. I-I don't think that Dahyun-hyung wanted this to continue." Tzuyu interjected.

"D-Don't bother, I'm going to leave anyways. Go to class without me." They nodded with worried looks on their face. I stood up from my seat and began to exit the school's café.

I didn't know why, but my feet dragged me into our school garden. Yet, I didn't give it much of a thought and just sat on a nearby bench.

This place is so calm, a lot of flowers around it. Oh how could I have wished that this garden was my life, calm, peaceful and soothing. Makes me remember a certain instrument that I used before.

"But now I don't want to, because I'll just remember her."

While I was scanning this beautiful garden, I noticed that someone's also in here and by the looks of it, it's a girl. She must be so beautiful that I cannot see her from the flowers. I chuckled at my own thoughts.

I began to take a closer look but as soon as I got more closer, the more I recognized who this girl is.

Minatozaki Sana...

I still don't understand why your occupied on my mind. I'm always worried about you because of your innocence. I felt irritated when I thought that someone will take advantage of your kind and angelic personality, a clear opposite of mine, I know.

I took out my phone and began to take a few pictures of her. She's very beautiful beside this flowers, I almost didn't see her. But I made a wrong move, I stepped on a twig that made a quiet noise but enough for a person to hear since its very quiet here in the garden. That noise made her face the direction where am I right now.

"Who's that? Is someone there?" She asked confusedly while looking around with her cute puppy eyes, more like a shiba inu tho.

Wait, cute!? No no no noooo!

I began to face myself to her, she was shocked to see me.

"D-Dahyun-ssi?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?" I acted like I don't know that she's here.

"N-No, nothing..."

This atmostphere is making me awkward, I don't know why. I've never felt something like this before.

Ugh! I can't take this anymore! "S-Sana!" I unconciously blurted out.

She flinched at the sudden raise of my voice.

"I-I mean... uhm.." Gosh, I made it more awkward!

"Y-You wanted to say something?" Oh, thank God Jihyo, she knew how to escape from this awkward atmosphere.

I quickly composed myself and cleared my throat. "What are you doing here, you know, all by yourself?" I asked her out of curiousity.

"Oh... I came here for the beautiful flowers." She smiled at me then looked around the garden. She is indeed beaut-

I-I meant the flowers are indeed beautiful! D-Don't get the wrong idea!

"How about you? Why did you come here?" She asked, still looking at the flowers.

"I came here because its very calm, and thought that I would be alone. I just need to calm down just for a few seconds. Because I suddenly remembered someone that I don't want to talk about who." The tears again... why am I even telling all these things to her?

"Someone you don't want to remember?"

"Y-Yeah." I choked out.

"You know, you could always tell me what are you hiding. I'll understand every single detail. Just trust me, tell me all of your resentments. But, I understand if you don't want to..." She smiled at me with those innocent and angelic face of hers.

Why does she smile all the time? I wished I could be like her. She never had any problems at all, while my life is full of mischief and pain that I kept all these years that had past.

My body acted upon its own and began to embraced this lovely girl that I hated before. I began to sob quietly on her neck, feeling her soft skin and her perfume's fragrance. I could also feel the electricity building between our tight hug. Between my sobs, I muttered something under my breath.

"S-Sana... t-thank you, s-so much..."

I could feel that she gave back the hug that I'm giving her right now. I don't care if there's someone who'll saw us, I don't care if they teased me with it.

"Someday, you'll find someone better than her."

Did I actually do? Did I have already found someone who's better than her? Did I actually found someone like, Minatozaki Sana?

To be continued...

Sana's point of view will be in the next chap :>