𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 12

Zach's pov

Jack and I were racing against each other to see who was the better surfer. I was doing pretty good until I spotted Brook sitting on her board and Jack took advantage of it.

"Yes I won!" I flinched and saw that Jack indeed won. I rolled my eyes in a playful manner and looked back at Brook, but my eyes turned wide by the sight I was seeing. A huge wave was coming from behind her while she had her eyes closed, not paying any attention.

"Brook, watch out!" I tried but it was already too late. The wave got her and pulled her underwater. The others saw it too and I didn't hesitate to jump off my board and dive right in the water in order to find her. The last thing I heard before my actions were the shouting from the boys.

The water was strong and there was no sign from her under the water. I tried to get a little deeper, but nothing. Only water, fishes and her board which was now broken in half. I took a better look at the other half and saw a body holding onto it. I quickly swam to it and found Brook being half aware. She had a light wound on her head, showing me the board did that to her. Her eyes were slightly opened just like her mouth, allowing water to go right into her lungs. I quickly grabbed a hold of her and swam back up to my board. I breathed in the air and quickly got out of the water with a few of the boys behind me.

The others were already out, trying to find some help.

I laid Brook on the sand and felt her pulse, neck and chest. Her breathing was almost gone and her heartbeat was hard to hear.

(A/N I'm sorry I don't exactly know how this all works.)

I instantly knew that I had to do mouth to mouth. I was a bit shaky, but just started. The boys counted for me and helped me with the right timing.

I felt some sudden movement and she turned to the side, coughing up water. She tried to catch her breath again and I was so happy that she was still here. I threw my head back and smiled one of the biggest smiles I had ever done.

"You did it." I looked to my right to see Corbyn smiling at me. I nodded and noticed Brook almost breathing at a normal pace again. She sat up straight and looked at me.

"What happened? I only remember that wave pulling me down and that I panicked. My board hit my head and everything went so blurry." Brook said and caressed the side of her head where her little wound was placed.

I sighed, debatting which thought of mine I should choose.

Tell her I saved her,

or just let it be like it is right now. Let nobody tell her and just say the water brought her here in the sand.

I chose the last one.

"We searched for you, but the water was too strong so we couldn't find you anywhere. Someone found you here in the sand and called for help. That was the moment we saw you laying here and we got here as soon as we could. And now you woke up." I lied. She nodded. I looked up at the boys confused faces, but I just shook my head. I got up and Daniel immediately pulled me aside.

"What the fuck bro? Why did you lie?"

"We are good right now. I don't want this to ruin it and build up some kind of tension between us." I looked at Brook a little and saw Jack had pulled her up while Corbyn was taking a good look at her small wound. "Promise me you won't tell her the truth. This is for the best right now."