Chapter 23

Daniel's POV

"Okey stop drooling man." I spoke up as I walked back in the house and slapped Zach softly, making him flinch.

"I wasn't drooling." He denied. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Yes, you were."

"Where is Brook?"

"She's in the van." I answered and looked at Jack as he nodded in return.

"Zach, you really have to be more subtle." Jonah told him.

"Yeah yeah, I get it. Can we go now please? I really want to get some food." He answered and we all nodded. "Great, but I got shotgun on sitting next to her." He sprinted out of the house and I chuckled. We followed him into the van, music accompanying us as we did.

"Let me guess. It's you?" I asked Brook and she nodded smiling before singing along again. Jack sighed but started the van, driving us to Chipotle. Finally.

-

"No, not that song!" Corbyn yelled lightly disgusted as he fast changed the song. We were heading home and Brook had taken the chance to plug her phone in again.

"Corbyn!" Brook yelled in return as she was about to sing along. She smacked the back of his head before catching up on the lyrics from the new sing. I noticed Zach having a little smile platsered on his face as he was watching her being happy. Only that smile fast faded away when the new song came up and he recognized the lyrics.

"How did you get that?!" He slightly yelled and was about to grab her phone but she was just a little too fast for him and now held her phone close to her body.

"You can find everything with a little time and research." She smiled and listened to the song as she turned on the volume a little louder. "Now shhh, my favourite part is about to come again."

"Always find you on my mind. To turn away like half the time. I didn’t take you for the shy type. But if you wanna I’ll sneak you out tonight. And we will make things alright."

"‘Cause it’s so simple when I’m with you. ‘Cause I know you want me baby. And I know I want you too. ‘Cause it’s so simple like the honest truth. It’s like a timelapse baby. We could spend a day or two, and fall in love." Brook sang and Zach's eyes lighted up as she sang the lyrics to his own song. 'Timelapse'. She continued doing so, having Zach joining her as the song came to an end. 

And I know I want you too. ‘Cause it’s so simple like the honest truth. It’s like a timelapse baby. We could spend a day or two." He continued as his eyes fell on her. Continueing like it seemt he was singing the last few sentences to her. And only her. "And fall in love. And fall in love. Yea I’ll be everything. Everything that you need me to. And fall in love. And fall in love. We can be anything. Anything we put our hearts into." I looked at the boys as we watched the two connecting eyes. Brook only now realazing Zach had been watching her the entire song and her cheeks became red as she remembered the lyrics.

"Well.....this is awkward." Corbyn spoke up, before me, Jack and Jonah smacked the back of his head, sighing. Zach and Brook coughed awkwardly as they turned their heads away from each other.