Chapter 27

"So I guess telling your mother about your dream, didn't go so well as expected huh?" I sighed as Corbyn asked me that and looked away from the  stars, over to him.

"Zach?" I asked, referring to the one who told him.

"Zach,"

"Well no, it didn't go well." I started and told him everything. We were alone in the garden as it was night. I was laying on the grass and looking up at the stars as he decided to join me. That was like a hour or 2 ago.

"Wow Brook, I'm sorry."

"Don't be. My mom was honest, and I guess she's right. Photography is nothing for me and I should look further."

"Like being an assistant for your mother?" I sighed as I knew he was right.

"No, but I can't do anything else on the moment. Even if I wanted to find a job in photography, then where do I start? Who wants a inexperienced  18-year old?" 

"Well we do." I looked up and saw Zach's shadow. "Corbyn? Can we switch?"

"Sure." Corbyn replied and stood up. "It was nice talking Brook." I smiled at him and heard him then leaving. Zach's footsteps came closer and he laid beside me.

"Hi Brook."

"Hi Zach." I replied and laughed a little. "What did you mean by 'well we do'?" 

"I made a deal with my manager. The boys' and mine manager, Randy. You can become our personal photographer, next to Zack, on tour." I sat straight up as he told me this news.

"You're kidding right?" I asked shocked. He sat up too and shook his head. "My mom is gonna kill me. She bought all thoses clothes and talked her boss all in to it." I sighed and he putted an arm around me.

"Don't worry, it's not that bad. Don't you think she will be happy for you?" Zach asked.

"Well, maybe, I don't know, but then I seriously have to pack since you all have already done that." Zach smiled really wide as I finished my sentence.

"Is that a yes?" I nodded and he pulled me in a hug. "Yes, you're coming on tour with us." He answered and I could feel him smiling. 

We stayed like this for a little before I started shaking a bit because of the cold and I heard him sigh.

"Brook?"

"Yes?" I asked, knowing what he is gonna say. 

"You seriously have to start wearing jackets. You're gonna get sick." Zach replied as he pulled away and threw off his hoodie. I blushed a bit, looking away and he chuckled before handing me his hoodie. I putted it on and laid back down again. "Why were you actually outside with Corbyn?" I looked over at him and shrugged.

"He just came outside, noticed me and joined me. And he likes to look at stars, I like to look at stars." I saw him nodding before we got back to full silence. It wasn't a uncomfortable one where you're searching for words to say. We were both enjoying the moment when a Falling Star came by and I shook Zach excitedly. "Zach. Zach, did you see that?"

"Yes I did. Did you make a wish?"

"No not yet. Let's both do one." I said and closed my eyes.

'I wish to have the best time on tour with the boys, especially with Zach.'

I opened my eyes again and waited for Zach to finish up. A few seconds later I could look right into his dark brown eyes again.

"Let's go back inside before that YOU catch a cold." I told Zach and he chuckled as I stood up and grabbed his hand to pull him up too. We walked back inside, being greeted by the boys on the couch.