CHAPTER NINE

I awaken, short of breath and sweating as if I'd just run a marathon. I can't even remember what exactly it was that I was dreaming about, but it had to have been a nightmare. I know at least that much.

Turning my head to the side, I discover that Jimin is not in bed.

Once again, I'm not entirely sure how to feel.

The marbled floor is cold against my bare feet as I exit the bed, and I shiver in discomfort. I wonder if I asked if Jimin would let me put a rug down on my side of the bed, though since it's circular I suppose I don't really have a side. The size of the thing is monstrous. Makes sense considering what Jimin's aspect is. I really don't want to think about just how many orgies he's probably had here on this very bed, but now that I'm thinking about it, I can't seem to stop.

My feet pad quietly against the floor as I cross the room. The moon is still high in the sky, and for a moment, I simply stop to appreciate it's wan beauty.

I still can't get used to it, just how well I've been treated. I keep expecting to be banded a broom and dust pan at any moment, and yet no demands have been made of me. So far, Jimin has yet to even bring up the marriage that he was so adamant about, and his consideration has me on my toes.

As I stand there before the wall of glass a d staring at the moon lost in thought, the door slides open, and Jimin strides in. He stops, startled by the fact that I am not asleep, and changes trajectory in order to head towards me.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

He smiles softly at my comment, and nods his head ever so slightly.

"It really is."

But he isn't even looking at the moon at all. I blush, realizing that he is talking about me.

I turn back to watching the moon, completely flabbergasted and unsure of what I should say. For the moment, Jimin too seems content to fall into a steady silence, and I soak in his presence.

"I'm sorry, " I speak, cutting through the quiet and disturbing the moment.

But this is something that has been weighing heavily upon my heart.

"What for?"

His eyes show his confusion, and I take a deep breath.

"It really isn't my place to dictate how you spend your time. I'm incredibly lucky to have been treated so well, and I don't really deserve it. You could have demanded anything of me, and I'd have been powerless to refuse. And yet I still spoke to you so disrespectfully..."

"Don't, " he commands, cutting my apology short.

This time, it's my turn to look at him with confusion.

"Don't apologize, " he explains, "I was honestly happy that you were upset, it means that you care. And I know I probably came across as a hard ass at first, but this is meant to be a reward for you. I don't want you to treat me like a God, I get enough of that from everyone else."

I am floored, and it shows.

"I haven't done anything worthy of such a reward though."

My gaze drops, and I stare in embarrassment at my bare feet.

"Sure you have, " he tells me, and I look up to meet his gaze. "I don't think you realize just how special you are, and that makes me incredibly sad."

Once again, I simply don't know what to say in response.

My heart flutters in my chest as he grabs my hand, and leads me to the bed. He smiles, helping me up and into the large bed before climbing in after me, and I smile as I snuggle into the blanket. It's difficult to control the pounding of my heart, or the way my breath hitches in my throat as he wraps his arms around me, spooning me from behind.