Chapter 33

Alexander's pov

This was probably the worst war I had ever gone through and will ever go through. I was fighting him, hard. I managed to gravely injure him but he also managed to do the same to me. Dean was busy fighting his second in command. All my pack was. I had given the safety of the pack house and the children to rose and lavender. I trust them a lot. Mason was growling at me. Both of us in our wolf forms were clawing at each other. Me and James were both in control. For the first time in my life I was having difficulty tackling someone even with the amount of training I had done. I was putting in all I had but with the condition I was in I was finding it a bit hard. That's when I heard a thundering growl. Everyone on the battlefield was surprised. Suddenly Mason was overthrown on the ground. I looked to see who it was and it was my father. Me and James were both surprised. Dad looked at me with a determined look in his eyes and mindlinked me, 'Come on son, let's finish this together, I am right by your side, don't worry.' Saying that me and dad both lunged towards Mason to fight him.

Rose's pov
I was sitting silently stroking Christine's head on my lap who was sleeping when suddenly lavender stood up. I looked at her questioningly and all she said was,'Dean mindlinked me. It's almost over.' she said in a silent voice. I didn't know how to react. The fact that Dean mindlinked her means that we had won but I didn't know how to react as I knew that there was damage caused on our side as well. There would several people who were injured and many homes would have been destroyed. There was a knock on the door, 'Luna, its us.' I heard the third in command say. I opened one of the small doors and sure enough it was our pack bringing in their injured members. As they went ahead I asked him, 'How is Alexander?' 'Badly injured but is okay.' was all he said. I needed to go outside.

As I stepped outside I saw the damage. There were going to be things we needed to rebuild. There were bodies of rogues lying on the ground which gave me chills even looking at them. I saw Alexander who stood over at the other side talking with his father, he was covered in blood and had cuts and bruises all over. Mason looked unconscious or dead, I could not tell, he was lying a few feet away, but all his wounds would make him impossible to even fight now. He was surely dead. I saw some warriors coming over to take his body. I was about go to Alexander and talk with him when I saw a female warrior badly I injured struggling to get up. I changed my mind and went to help her get up. That's when I suddenly heard a growl behind me.

I turned around to see Mason lunging towards me. I stood there not knowing how to react. I was defenseless. I reflexively closed my eyes but suddenly I heard a voice scream my name. Which made me open my eyes, our old alpha acted quickly and attacked Mason once again but lying in front of me was the person who took the attack for me. Alpha Alexander.

Third person's pov

Rose immedietly kneeled down by Alexander's side. She saw that Mason's silver claws were buried inside his abdomen. He was gasping for air. 'Get some help, quick.' she screamed. 'Alexander! Help is coming! Stay conscience! Nothing will happen.' she said. 'R-Rose, yo.. You are okay?' He asked even in that condition. 'I don't matter right now Alexander. Just don't talk anything!' Rose replied.

Even in his condition Alexander placed his shaking hand on Rose's cheek and said, 'W.. When I m... Met you after thr.... Threr y.. years I.. I thought y... You were s... So beautiful... S-strong. T.... The best t... thing moon g... goddess w... wrote in m... my destiny. B..... but I wronged you. I.... I was y.... your criminal..... your n.... nightmare. I l... love you R... Rose. I-I just want on.... one t... thing f... from y... you my l.. luna. For e... everything I.... I was, forgi.......' He gasped for air and using the last ounce of strength he had he said,'FORGIVE ME, MY MATE.'

Saying this his hand dropped from Rose's face and his eyes closed and she screamed.