Chapter 41

Rose's pov

Six months later

'That was cheating.' Alexander said said. 'No, I am the winner fair and square.' I argued and he frowned. 'Come on Alexander, don't be a spoilsport. It was just a race.' I said punching his arm. 'I was not being one. It's just that I lose everytime.' He said. We were going back from the training arena to the pack house. It had been great. This whole month. Me and Alexander were still the alpha and luna but lived in separate rooms. I took control of my office again and performed all my luna duties religiously. I loved it. I was also given the control of the education sector of the pack. I was glad that everything was back on track. The only sad thing which took place was that Sabrina died three days after giving birth to her daughter. She said that she had absolutely no regrets and that she thanks moon goddess for blessing her with this life. After she died her parents, Dean and lavender stepped in to take care of her. They had decided to name her Aurora. A name that Sabrina and her mate wanted.

Overall the pack seemed to be doing just fine. Me and alexander hung out a lot nowadays. But now there was less tension between the two of us. We had a lot more fun together now. This new thing seemed to be working well for the two of us.

One morning I decided to go to the human town near our pack for some change and some time off. I took lavender with me and we both had a lot of fun exploring it. I texted Alexander where I was going. Around noon when we were coming back we heard howls, loud ones. I realized that they were coming from my own pack. I paced towards it in top speed. Was something wrong. Oh god! When I reached the borders along with lavender there were warriors patrolling them heavily. As soon as we reached suddenly the beta arrived and engulfed lavender in a hug. 'Luna are you alright?' He asked still holding lavender in his arms. I nodded my head. 'One of our neighbouring packs got attacked by rogues . No major damage was done but when alpha found out that you and lavender were out we panicked.' He said breaking the hug with lavender. 'Luna, please go and meet alpha.' He said.

I slowly made my way to his office. The door was open and I knocked on it to get his attention. He turned around and literally ran towards me engulfing me in a hug. 'Are you alright? Why did you take so long to come? Are you hurt anywhere, I swaer Rose that if any bastard tried to touch you then he will not see the light of the next day.' He said while tightly hugging me and burying his head into my hair. 'I am alright.' I said while patting his back. This was for the first time in a long time when he was so close to me.

He slowly raised his head and looked into my eyes. For a minute I thought he will kiss me by the look in his eyes but then he let go of me and took a step back. He looked sad and said, 'Next time please be careful.' He said and turned around again.

I was about to leave when I suddenly heard him say, 'Rose, I know we agreed on this whole being friends thing but I can't... I can't stop loving you. Its not just because of the bond but I have really fallen for you.... Hard. Me, my wolf stopped communicating for those two months because we really wanted to give you space. I try hard to contain these feelings inside me but I can't. I love you Rose. I really do. I don't know your answer and don't want it to. But today after having this scare I couldn't hide my feelings. Trust me, I didn't want to make you uncomfortable.' He said still with his back towards me. 'You can leave.' He said and went to another room in his office. I went out of the office and walked towards my room. I immedietly laid down on my bed. My heart was beating fast. What should I do? Should I give this thing between me and Alexander a chance.