Chapter 37

Rose's pov
It had been two months. Things were getting better in the pack. After our conversation Mason was executed. But the last two months I started noticing one thing--Alexander had been maintaining a lot of distance from me. Me and lily were both puzzled as well as James had also stopped the werewolf communication.

It was evening time and I was sitting inside my office. Actually it was a day off but there was a little bit of remaining. As I was done with it I heard a knock on the door. There was an omega standing there, 'Luna, alpha has called you in his room, if you are free.' He said. 'It's okay, I'll go.'

I nervously took steps towards his room. As I approached it, his door was already open. I saw him standing near the window. As I entered he turned around and gave me a very bright smile,'Rose!' he said with a happy voice. He walked towards me and suddenly gave me a hug. His hold was tight and he buried his nose inside my neck and his hands were on my waist. He remained like that for some time and after that he loosened his hold and slowly backed away. He kept on looking at me with a loving gaze and suddenly said,' I love you Rose, I know that you already know that but still I feel like telling you these three words every day. But.......' He took my hand and made me sit down on his chair while he sat down on his knees and said, 'But just because I am in love with you dosent mean that I should expect the same from you. We both are mates but still...... Like my father said Rose, love cannot be forced. All I want in my life is for you to be happy. I kept you here at that time because of Mason's danger. But now he and all his followers are dead. So, Rose..... I am setting you free. You can do whatever you want to do. If you want to go back to your to your old town you can do that as well. I will not stop or restrict you. I want you to find love and stay happy, if not with me then with someone else.' his voice started cracking,'but I just want you to have all the things you dreamed about and all the happiness in the world. I know that any guy you choose to be with will be the luckiest in the world no matter what. Just remember, always that I am going to be right here, till my last breath, loving you.' He said and tears were coming in his eyes no matter how much he tried to blink them away. Holding my hands he made me stand up again and said,'But just let me do one last thing.' Saying this he leaned in for a kiss and his lips met mine. It was a sweet soft and a passionate one. It felt as if he was drinking in the moment and wanted it to last forever. After he while he stopped and leaned his forehead against mine. Without saying a word he just gazed in my eyes. He slowly backed away and said, 'You can go now rose and if you want to leave the pack you can tell Dean. He will make arrangements for you and your grandparents. Don't forget to tell them that I really liked them. They are extremely good people and I will really miss grandma's handmade food. I hope that they will also remember me and give me their blessings to be a better alpha.' saying this he turned around and looked towards the window again and I undoubtedly heard a sob.