Chapter 36

Alexander's pov

In the days that followed when I was in the hospital things got better. I was communicating better with everyone, mainly my father. But the best thing was that Rose was taking care of me. She was by my side everytime, right from the morning to late at night.

If she was going yo be like this I woundnt mind being in the hospital for the rest of my life. I could see my angel every single day.

Then the day finslly came when I got discharged. As soon as I entered the pack house I got a big grand welcome from everyone. It made me happy to see my pack and my people happy. There were still some members who were in the hospital as their wounds were healing and I made it a point yo go and visit them when I left. After all was said and done there was still one important task remaining-Mason.

Third person's pov

The old alpha, Alexander and rose entered the dungeons where Mason was. As they reached his cellar they saw he was tied to a chair. Even then he managed to growl out loud. He looked at the three of them with absolute hate. 'Why?' was all Alexander asked him with a growl. 'From the very beginning why was it always our pack you hated and targeted the most?' 'Because I loved her.' Mason said.'I loved Athena.'

'My mom?!' Alexander said with shock. He looked at his dad who just looked as angry but said, 'Your mom was a rogue when she was child Alex and so was Rose's dad.' which shocked Rose and well.

'Arthur, me and Athena grew up together in the wilderness of the forest.' Mason said. 'Arthur was like my brother and Athena, I loved her so much. I used to always tell her that one day I would be powerful and would make things better for all of us. But on that cursed day Athena accidently met your father and found out she was mates with him. Arthur was delighted for her but I was not. Arthur and I had managed to gather a few of our kind and also got a pack house. Arthur wanted to live a silent, quite and simple life but I wanted to conquer packs. I knew I could do it without his help but he was not budging. That day Athena came and happily told that she was the mate was an alpha and had come to say goodbye to us. I lost my mind. Usually rogues dont find their mate and I planned to marry her. I loved her so much and I couldn't let her go, so I locked her up but that son of a bitch, Arthur got to know about it and helped her escape. He also left me behind. He went ahead and joined this pack. I was mad. He was my best friend. How could he do this to me? After joining this pack he became ten times more powerful and also one of the high ranking officials. Later he went ahead and met that human, got married as well and had a baby. How dare he do that? After stealing all my happiness how the hell could he even live like that. Happy, with the woman he loved. I kept a close watch on Athena as well and it broke my heart to pieces to see her getting married to someone else and have some other man's baby. She was mine! So I worked hard, made myself even more powerful and planned to attack your pack. To take her away from here. I only wanted to kill Arthur and his family, I never intended to kill her but she got in the middle to protect his daughter. It was accidental.' He said in a gruesome voice. Alexander and rose were shocked to find out about this history.

'I wanted to kill Alexander and rose because those two bastards always remind me, always! About my love and my best friend's betrayal. What those two did to me. Arthur always talked about peace and morals and values and shit! He was my friend but did not like my ideas and Athena! Why did she do that? I would have given her everything. What did this man have that was not in me?! I never told her about my feelings until the day she ran away but she should have known. I was the one who helped to train. I was always there, not this bastard alpha. Why did she not fall in love with me? I would have given her the biggest house, the best clothes, everything she wished for if only she would have agreed go marry me. It broke my heart to see her fall in love with someone else.'.'You!' He said pointing towards rose. 'You are the reason she died. Arthur and his daughter both are bastards!' he yelled.

'One word from you more about my son and his mate and I will slice your throat!' Alexander's father growled. 'You fell in love with Athena but you forgot one thing. Love can never be forced. It is not a feeling that can be controlled but instead Is something that arises itself. I loved Athena and gave her the freedom and the space she required. Even if she would have rejected me and left me to live with you I would have accepted it happily. Because the main thing is that it made me happy to see her Happy whether it was with me or with someone else. And besides that Arthur was a great man with a brave and kind heart. He stood by his morales and values no matter what. When you captured Athena he was the one who saw her crying and came to know how evil you actually were so he helped her escape. Even after bringing her here to me he was ready to leave but after seeing his skills I was the one who urged to stop him and offered him a place in my pack. All he wanted to do was lived a simple life but never could because of you. And Mason love is not attracted to money, big houses or even power, it is attracted to the heart and yours was rotten with evil so you never deserved it. You wanted to kill children! Freaking children! A man like you deserves to die. I know that even Athena or moon goddess will forgive you, even after you die. You will be executed tomorrow!' He growled.

'Alexander, Rose let's leave.' He said. After looking at Mason one last time with a hateful glance they left.