Chapter 42

Rose's pov

I wanted to be really sure about what I wanted so I didn't really tell Alexander anything after our conversation. To not make things awkward between the two of us Alexander went back to being his old self and started communicating with me normally. It almost seemed like for him that conversation never happened. Sometimes when I was looking away I would catch him staring at me but nothing other than that.

One day while returning back to the pack house from the training arena he tapped on my shoulder and said, 'Hey, I have the day off today and tomorrow in the pack house. Wanna race back to the pack house.' He asked casually while grinning. 'Can we talk?' I asked him. 'Sure.' He said. 'Okay, meet me in my room after lunch.' I said walking away from him. 'But about what?' he asked. 'You will know now start speeding up or you will lose.' I said with a smile. 'Wait. You cheater.' He said running after me and laughing.

*After lunch*

There was a knock on my door. I opened it and saw a very nervous looking Alexander standing at the entrance. 'Come in.' I said and he took slow steps into my room. 'So.....' I befam saying and Alexander suddenly said, 'Listen Rose, if it is about the conversation last week that we had or rather about what I said then I am sorry. The pack needs you Rose. If you don't want me to ever speak like that again or come near you then I will never do that. But please don't go away.' He said in a desperate tone.

'So whatever you said was not true.' I asked him and his expression suddenly said. He put his hands I side his pockets and said, 'If you really want to know, it was. I l.. Love you. But I do... don't want you to away. Again. Its like a mental torcher for me. Not being able to see you or talk to you. But I... I... That day wasn't able to hold myself back from saying whatever I said. You are my everything rose- My love, my mate, my luna but now also my best friend. Yes, my best friend. I know that even if we both are humans then as lso I would have fallen in love with you but I.... You know because of my feelings I don't want to lose the one person I care about the most. You.' He said. Does he really love me so much.

'What if I decide to give us a chance.' I suddenly said and he looked up in surprise. 'W.. What are you saying?' he said in a voice where he was trying to confide his happiness. 'What if we do decide to this thing a try?' I asked him.

He took slow measured steps towards me and said, 'Are you sure Rose?' he said I could see slight tears in his eyes.
'Yes, maybe a try.' I said in a small smile. He engulfed me in a hug and stayed like that for some time. 'Sorry, got too close over there. Was a little bit too excited.' He said breaking the hug. 'But I am so happy. I will do everything. Everything you want Rose. Trust me I will not let this go to waste.' He said wiping his eyes.

I smiled too. I was also feeling happy. Lily told me that James was excited as well. He had started the wolf communication again. 'Oh yes, tomorrow morning, five am. Be ready. I will come to pick you up.' He said.

'Where are we going?' I asked him. 'Our first date.' He said in a smile. 'Five am?!' I asked him. 'Kinda is a special place.' He said. 'Can I hug you again?' he asked. I nodded. This time it was longer, warmer and felt even more nice. 'I just can't wait for tomorrow.' he whispered in my ear. Giving me a huge smile he left. I knew I was blushing.

I don't know why but for the rest of the day i had a huge smile on my face just thinking about him and blushed whenever he came in front of me. At the dinner table when everyone was not looking he winked at me and mouthed 'Tomorrow'. I widened my eyes as I was a little bit surprised and embarrased but I smiled. I also can't for tomorrow.