Chapter 39

Rose's pov

A month later

Life was moving on. I was currently back in my old town right now. I even met some old friends and everything was alright. I told them them that I might move back as well. Going away from it all was probably a bad idea because I just seemed to miss the pack more. Especially the children. I had promised them I would take care of them. I communicated with Lavender frequently as well as my grandparents. They seemed to be doing fine. They also told me that everyone in the pack missed me as well. They also said that Alexander was doing just fine. The truth was that in this entire month there was not a word from him, a single word. Even his wolf didn't try to communicate with mine. Nothing. Not thinking much about it I left. I had to out to buy some groceries.

As I was walking by, I suddenly felt a very familiar feeling. Lily was howling inside me. No, this couldn't be. I turned around and saw Alexander standing with his back turned towards me. I still had the pack powers as he didn't take them away from me. So my scent was masked but I knew that he must have also noticed my presence. Sure enough, he turned around. We both looked at each other in surprise. I couldn't believe the sight right in front of me. It was Alexander. It was not a lie. He was here, in front of me. My green eyes looked deeply into his brown ones. 'Rose.' He whispered out my name. Then he had a wide smile on his face. 'Is that really you?' he said taking a few steps towards me.

'What are you doing around here?' I asked him smiling back. It right now felt more like two old friends meeting each other again. 'Oh well, I was in a neighbouring pack for some business and thought about stopping by in this town because my car was having some trouble. It is fixed right now. I was just going to get some water and some coffee to refresh myself. The drive back is for two hours or three.' He said casually.

'Why don't you come back to my place?' I asked him. 'My home is nearby. I could make some coffee for you.' I said. He looked surprised but nodded. We went back to my place. I made two cups of coffee. One for me and for him. We also talked a lot. About how the pack was doing, how things were getting better. What were others kids doing. Everything. It felt nice. To sit in a quiet place and just communicate with each other.

Suddenly his expression changed. I knew that someone had just mind linked him. He looked at me and said, 'Sabrina has gone into labour.' My eyes widened. I remembered my talk with her. Suddenly I felt the urgent need to be there. In the pack.

Alexander looked at his watch and said, 'I need to go back. It was really nice talking with you Rose but I really need to go now.' he said picking up his coat. As he was heading for the door I said, 'Wait, Alexander, Can I come with you?'