PROLOGUE: A TRAGEDY

PROLOGUE:
A TRAGEDY.
Florence P.O.V.

"Did you have fun with Merlin and his daughters today, Flower?" Mom asked, tucking me in for bed.

"Mhm! Merlin taught Anna and Jane how to levitate stuff, then he let me borrow a wand too! I made fireworks go off, like boom!" I giggled, recounting my day to my mom and she smiled down at me.

"Is that right?"

"Daddy!" I shouted, excited to see him back from visiting Albania. He ran in and hugged me.

"How's my little princess, huh? I heard what you did with Anna and Jane today," He sat down on my bed.

"They told me a story too! It's about Maleficent!" They exchanged a glance, but decided to remain calm as they asked me what the story was about.

"She isn't the only one with wings and horns! She's a species called Dark Fae."

"Then, where are the others, darling?" Mom asked.

"We drove them away," I frowned.

"There are a lot of mean people who were scared, and now they're in hiding. There's a prophecy that a great Phoenix and a great Queen of all of the Lands will be the ones to bring them back and unite the lands again," I turned to mom.

"Maybe it'll be you, mommy! You're the Queen of everything!" I wasn't wrong there, as she was the Queen of England.

"Or perhaps. . .it'll be you, my flower," She kissed my temple.

"Me?"

"Of course, my princess. After all, you'll be a queen just like your mother one day," Dad gave me a gentle smile before kissing my temple as well and they both made their way towards the door.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight," I yawned, closing my eyes as the door closed.

And little did I know that it would be the last time I saw my parents alive.

They were murdered in their sleep, and Merlin and his daughters vanished from the lands of Camelot without a trace. Many suspected them, but their was a weapon used to kill them, not magic.

Only days after their death, I was crowned Queen of Camelot, England - the first queen to rule without a king in all of England.

I was put in charge of an entire country and I still didn't have time to mourn my parents.

But luckily, I found some help.

From Maleficent.

She had heard news of my crowning and my parents death, and decided to help me learn and even take part in my council to lead me, as I was so young. Aurora was lifted from her curse and freshly sixteen as well, so for all their help, I threw her a birthday celebration.

And we've been a family ever since.

Yet, only a year later, I found my parents killer. I threatened her, yelled at her, and was going to have her executed for her crimes.

But I wasn't fast enough, and I was tied up and thrown into the river to drown so that no one would ever find out of her treachery.

And I was saved, taken in by a species long forgotten in the minds of man, as they saw me being betrayed by my own just for trying to do what's right.

Now I know this sounds like a long story, but that was only the beginning of my life with the Dark Fae, and the story actually begins with me finding my future husband in the most. . .unlikely circumstances.

His name?

Borra, once the leader of the Dark Fae, but now the first Fae King of England.