CH.9: YOU AGAIN

CHAPTER 9:
You Again.
Florence P.O.V.

How could I let this happen. . .?

I asked myself as my ankles remained cuffed to a ball and chain, staring at the ground with my pride torn to pieces and death waiting for me outside of my cell.

"No, you will stay here-"

"She is the only woman I have known to treat me as her own, and I will not lose her again, Borra."

When Maleficent flew off without a word, her eyes screaming panic, I demanded that my husband take me with him and he did so, only to scold me the entire time.

The one moment I wasn't by his side, I was shot down by an arrow piercing my shoulder. Borra tried fighting the guards to get me, but it was all a distraction. By the time he took down the last one, I was already on the river and being dragged down to the cellars.

"FLORENCE!"

His cries were the last thing I heard before being knocked unconscious.

"Queen Florence of England. . ." She muttered, and I could hear the smirk in her voice as she waltzed inside my cell.

"Tragically found killed by one of her own subjects. . ." Like a lion stalking its prey, she walked around me and just like herself, decided to choose a weapon that would bring her spirits up in hopes that mine would be torn down.

"When in reality, she was kept by barbaric creatures, to whom she even saw as family," She hissed as she violently ripped the side of my dress with her dagger, and I flinched at the feeling of the silver skimming past my flesh.

"And she even married one of them. . .like the filthy whore she is!" She slapped me across my face, the sting causing tears to start to erupt.

"Just like how her mother seduced the King and whored her way onto the-"

"Speak of my mother again and I will feed your corpse to the wolves!" I had found my voice, and it violently ripped out of my body as I jerked forward. My yell echoed throughout the cells around me as I glared into her very soul, and wanted nothing more than her death to be caused by my hands and my hands alone.

"There's the Pendragon fire."

Pendragon fire. . .

"Uther was a ruler that I know I could support. He was strong-willed, ruled with an iron fist, and supported the eradication of the Fairies. . .unlike his granddaughter," She yanked my hair to the side and traced her dagger over my Mark.

"Who married one of them."

"They're just like us, but so much more than you could ever imagine."

"Borra, is it?" I merely glanced at her when she mentioned him.

"I suppose he's the leader of. . .his kind, with that anger and hatred for the humans. I'll make sure to target him first," She chuckled.

"What makes you so sure he'll return?"

"Only a husband would look so torn down by the loss of a wife - by your loss. That scream, it just. . ." She tapped her chin.

"Radiates attachment that only a marriage can produce, but then again, you're not married in the eyes of the Churc-"

"Don't you plan on just fucking killing me?" I cut her off, but the smirk never left.

"That. That right there. Your father may have been king, but your mother never knew her place. 'Earning' a seat at the Knights of the Round Table, discussing alliances with other kings. I played it behind the scenes, but your mother did not. That's what earned her death," I waited for her to finish her oh so glorious speech so that I may hit her with the reality of my mother and her reality.

"You're nothing but a jealous harlot," I spoke calmly, but my gaze spoke a different story.

"Oh boohoo, your father was a peaceful king and then you married one. Have you tried speaking to the man? Oh, why of course not. Have you tried gaining his attention by doing something for your subjects? Never. But what you did do is make them so afraid of their own queen that you have strayed far from that role. You're not as powerful as you've always claimed. You're a mouse hiding in fear of the snakes that will find you and end your small life. . .and no one will miss you," I hissed out, and I could see her practically shaking with the rage that filled her. So angry because I dared to speak the truth.

She grabbed the nearest weapon and marched towards me, yanking my hair again and I stared into her eyes.

"Let us see who is stronger then."