CH.8: LOVE ISN'T ALWAYS GOOD

Chapter 8:
Love isn't always good.
Maleficent P.O.V.

"And I've been living here, with them," My beautiful flower finished off her explanation as to how and why she was still alive and how and why she didn't come back.

"I knew you couldn't have gone so easily. You're a fighter, just like your father," She smiled fondly.

"But mark my words, Flower, I will not be so kind to Ingrith once I see her again."

"Please, don't," She pleaded.

"Don't what?"

"Don't kill her. She must pay for the death of my parents and attempting to murder me and take my kingdom. She will not be given the satisfaction of a quick death," Yet she knew she had to be ruthless in punishment, like Uther. Uther Pendragon was a merciless king, and by God he was hated.

"What of that Fey? Borra, is it?" I spotted multiple feathers in her nest that clearly are not hers, and his scent enveloped the entirety of it all.

"We are married."

I stopped in my tracks of walking around the nest and slowly turned to her, my eyes sharp and keen as I looked at her.

". . .What?"

"He Marked me with a sacred act known to the Dark Fey as an act of marraige. A-And I love him, mother. And I know that in my heart, he loves me too," She was confident in herself.

"You plan on ruling England again?"

"Yes. . .you know this-"

"Then abandon this silly and foolish tradition that was so clearly forced upon you. The humans will not accept a Dark Fey as their king."

"Then I will force them to!" She burst out, holding back the rage that someone made her hold back.

"I am their Queen. I am the daughter of Arthur Pendragon and Guinivere. I was born to sit on that throne, king or not, I know that I love him and we are married, whether they or you, like it or not," Before I could interject, I heard a burst of wings before someone landed on the ground behind her.

"Flower, is everything alright?"

Flower?

"I'm fine," She turned to him.

"But don't think I've forgiven you," She marched past him, and I was left alone with her. . .husband.

"Tell me," He looked at me.

"Do you love my daughter?" He knows that I am a force to be reckoned with, and addressed that the moment I arrived here. No lies about my Flower will slip past me.

"With all my heart."

"Then why does she only think that you do?" I questioned.

"I was taught that love makes you weak, and infront of the others I cannot look-"

"So you would rather keep up appearances than address your feelings for her? And let her overthink and hurt over the fact that she thinks that you might not love her?" I wasn't yelling, but he was terrified as I stared into his very soul. He doesn't know the limits of my power, but he doesn't want to find out.

"I. . .I cannot love her in a war. Not until it has ended-"

"And she goes off to marry a human king?"

"She loves me-"

"Yet she doesn't know that you love her," I caught him off guard, really making the Fey before me think of his actions.

"I suggest you make up your mind on my daughter before I really insist that she marries a human with a real throne," I hissed as I walked past him.