CH.3: AS ABOVE, SO BELOW

CHAPTER 3:
AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.

It went as so when a member of the royal family dies.

Parliament is informed immediately, then other royal households so that they can make it in time for the funeral, and then the remaining family so that they can take immediate action as who should be in the throne and serve the country of England and become its’ reigning monarch.

Lastly, it is the public.

But, Florence was in Ulstead, so how could she have been murdered with guards surrounding the Queen of England 24/7? Well, it was the one time that they weren’t with her, and it was announced two days later that she was pushed into the river and died in the falls.

Who killed her? Or rather, who was framed for killing her?

A young man in his twenties who was known for being an admirer of the queen, and was accused because he always walks by the river, and she just so happened to be there without her guards.

“I-I didn’t do it! I love Queen Florence!” He pleaded, knowing that he would never dare harm a hair on her perfect little head, but Queen Ingrith insisted she saw him push her and tried to save her, but he threatened to kill her too.

And so, he was sentenced to death by hanging, and Ingrith felt the wheels in her plan working to her favor. She would have all of England, and would have the greatest Navy in the world at her disposal.

Or, that’s what she thought.

________________________

“Spain? Why is the kingdom going to Spain?” Ingrith demanded.

“King Henry of Spain is next in line if anything were to happen to Florence, as Spain and England have been allies for many years now and have a successful trade with each other.”

“And they were arranged to be married in a year. He wishes to rule alone for the time being, but has set his sights on Anne Bolelyn, a young lady of the court.”

She felt so foolish. Of course England wouldn’t go to her, but at least there will never be a peace with the Moores. She forced on a smile and nodded.

“Yes, of course. Please tell the new king that I wish him the best of luck, and God save the King.”

The men of Parliament started to pack their things and leave, heading back to England to get things prepared for a coronation and to announce the new monarch of England, yet Henry was much like her husband - a peaceful king, and if he wished to continue Florences’ wishes, then everything would have been for nothing.

“Wait,” She stood up.

“What of the Moores? Will King Henry want peace?”

“Why of course-”

“Then I must warn you of Maleficent.”

“Who’s Maleficent?”

She smirked, feeling the wheels turning once again.

_______

Florence let out a hum of pleasure as the cool water ran down her skin, cleaning her of all the dirt and grime that covered her and mentally thanked Ini and the other Fey women for showing her a secluded spot to bathe. She did want to fit in, but wasn’t quite ready to bathe in front of them yet.

Despite her royal upbringing, she loved the feeling of nature and how natural this was to them. How absolutely beautiful their culture is. She felt refreshed, and the sound of the waterfall in the background calmed her mind. Florence couldn’t remember the last time she felt this calm, and. . .she loved it. There was no pressure to hurry up and get to bed at a certain time, no rushing around to finish boring deals and sign documents from neighboring kingdoms. 

She finally has some time to herself.

Is this what true freedom feels like?

Florence wonders if it’s what her mother felt before becoming queen, being a common woman she had so much freedom and time for herself, besides taking care of her father. Of course, Florence has grown up thinking and acting like royalty, but she didn’t know if that woman who sat on the throne was really who she was. 

Oh god, am I really having an identity crisis now? She thought, running her hands over her face, about to go call Ini, but then her eyes caught a glimpse of the shadow behind her.

“For a Queen, you’re quite. . .small.”

Borra.

The only thing preventing him from seeing her in complete nudity was the waterfall behind her, and that possibility made her cheeks become a deep red.

“H-How did you get past the girls?” She stuttered out, feeling so small and mentally cursed herself.

“We’re here, darling! It’s okay!” One of them called out, calming her a bit.

“Conall wished for me to deliver this. . .wonderful news to you,” He  could smell the fear radiating off of her, and loved it. If he kept this up, she would eventually insist on leaving and he would be forever rid of her.

“Conall and the others will help you adjust and teach you our ways,” She sighed in relief.

“But. . .” She felt her breath get caught in her throat.

“If the other Fey vote on not wanting a human who cannot respect our way of life, then you are gone. Let us hope you’re not like your ancestors, or is there a beast waiting to tear us apar-?”

“Borra, leave her alone! You’ve made your point,” Ini shouted, clear anger in her voice.

“I may be short for a queen, Borra, but you forget that I am a Pendragon. The smallest prey always makes the most trouble, do they not?” She smirked, and he grunted before flying off.

Let the challenge begin.