CH.1: WHAT POWER DO I HOLD IN SUCH A WORLD?

CHAPTER. 1:
WHAT POWER DO I HOLD IN SUCH A WORLD?

"She cannot be permitted to stay here. She will lead the humans to us!"

"They cast her out. Her own kind had planned on leaving her to be cast over the waterfall and die. Now, does that sound familiar to you?"

"She's still a human!"

"I can teach her our ways, Borra. She can learn to live like us - our traditions can be integrated into her life. Give her a chance. She has no where else to go."

And I gasped.

I rapidly coughed up any water that had made its way into my lungs, and didn't even register that the voices I heard from earlier now seemed like a memory lost in my mind.

I-I'm alive. . .

I then looked around me to see that I was in. . .actually, I don't know what I am in.

My eyes wandered around the area, not recognizing any of my surroundings and even the materials that sheltered me.

"H-Hello. . .?" I spoke up, my voice raspy and echoing throughout the cave.

"Is there anyone there?" I stood up, walking through the cave-like structure, but I froze when I saw a pair of giant wings fly over me, and several more following after.

What was that?

But curiosity got the better of me, and I stepped out to see an entire legion of people with gigantic horns and wings, leaving me absolutely speechless and the first person that came to mind was Maleficent. But, they all looked so different, yet the same. All had wings and horns, but each one had a different variation of patterns and colors ranging from pure white to all the colors of the rainbow.

"The human is of royal blood."

I quickly hid myself back in the shadows, realizing that they were talking about me.

"What about her features? Which royal household? There are many and they have grown since our disappearance."

Disappearance?

"She has the Pendragon eyes," Gasps and growls erupted mere seconds after my last name was announced, and I felt the true weight of what they were discussing finally land upon my shoulders.

"The Pendragons have been merciless towards any species of magic for centuries. They slaughtered too much of our kind, so why not just end the famous line now?" I let out a gasp of horror, but quickly put my hands over my mouth.

I knew of the things Uther did, but did it really stretch so far as for these people to hate us?

To want to kill me?

"She was raised differently. Arthur and Guinevere Pendragon tried making peace with the Moores and all its' creatures."

Well, at least one of them is trying to defend me.

"Really? Then why are we still stuck here?"

"Because they were killed!" I forced myself out of hiding and my eyes landed upon the people who were deciding my fate, or rather, the creatures.

Even though they were far from me, I could still tell that they towered over me and radiated strength and power, with all their eyes piercing through my soul with no mercy.

One of them, a rough looking. . .man, took off towards the sky and then landed right in front of me. I stumble back from shock and I felt like I was frozen as he stared me down, and then roughly grabbed my face with his hand.

"Hmm. . ." He lowly growled, bringing my face closer to his as my heartbeat sped up exponentially and I could feel his sharp claws dig into my cheeks.

"The dark blue Pendragon eyes. . .the eyes of a killer."

"Borra! That's enough!"

He let me go, and my hand flew to my face. Looking back at my fingers, I saw small droplets of blood.

"Udo," The one with white hair and a completely white kimono looked at, who I am assuming and hoping, is the leader.

"Take her to get healed. I will deal with Borra."