CH. 2: THE PAST OF THE DARK FEY

CH. 2:
THE PAST OF THE DARK FEY.
Florence P.O.V.

That night, I slept with a Dark Fey named Ini. She doesn’t have a husband, and she’s the most curious about me, and is willing to share her living space with me until I get my own, or until my fate is decided.

“We should go over some names first,” She told me as she gently put me down once we flew inside.

“Names? For what?” And that’s when I got a full view of her home.

There’s a corner that looks like a nest covered in, and made out of, very long leaves and some branches stuck out. The entirety of the ground was rough, dry soil and I couldn’t spot a bathroom anywhere.

“Our homes are called nests, and our beds are our nesting areas,” She explained, sitting down in front of me as I gawked at everything.

“Where. . .where do I bathe? I-I mean, where do you bathe? I apologize, I must sound so rude-”

“It’s fine,” She giggled.

“The Desert Fey women bathe in our water falls. We are taught from a young age not to be ashamed of our bodies, and we bathe with each other and help the children as well. Don’t worry, the Desert Fey men have their own waterfall and respect our privacy,” Ini explained, absolutely amazing me.

“Wait, are you a Desert Fey? There are different kinds?” I asked.

“Yes, I am a Desert Fey, and there are the Tundra Fey, The Jungle Fey, and the Forest Fey. Conall is a Forest Fey, Udo is a Tundra Fey, and Borra is Desert Fey.”

“Borra?”

“The Fey who. . .did that to you,” She pointed to my scarred wound on my cheek, looking like a small yet thick scratch on me. The way he grabbed me, it scared me so much that I felt like crying, but held it in.

“He will be severely punished for what he did to you.”

“Really? Why?” I questioned, and she looked at me with a quirked brow.

“No man is permitted to hurt a woman, after all, we do carry their children. Why?”

“O-Oh. . .well. . .the men are allowed to do what they wish with their wives. They’re even beaten if they lie about being a virgin,” I revealed, and she looked so. . .angry, yet sad.

“I can see why Borra wants war, especially if a man dares to lay a hand on a woman. Why do you let them hurt you?” Ini asked, trying to look for any amount of pain in my eyes.

To see if I have ever taken a beating from a man.

“It is what the law says, and the Bible. If she lies, she shall be put to death, and if she wrongs, then beat her-”

“Well, that’s against our law here. . .Come, we must celebrate your arrival.”

______________________

“How many crowns do you have?’

“How many men wooed you?”

“Have you seen the world?”

“The men must dance in so many different ways to catch your attention!”

I was quite surprised to see how many Fey women wanted to know of my royal life and how many princes have ‘wooed’ me.

“Uhm, the princes send messengers for my hand in marriage, but none have danced for me,” They all gasped.

“Really?”

“Those types should be turned away.”

“Looks like human men are a bunch of puss-”

“Can we stop talking about humans? I’m getting fucking sick of it,” Borra announced, seeming very out of it as he slurred his words.

Ini rolled her eyes at him,”Borra, you’re drunk. Go back to your nest.”

“No can do, dear sister.”

“You’re his sister?!” I asked, my eyes wide, but Ini just rolled her eyes at him.

“Not by blood, fortunately. It’s what you humans would call ‘adopted’’,” She got up and started to drag him away from the bonfire, but he thrashed against her grip and yanked himself from her.

"You!" He pointed to me, startling me.

"You think just because you're royalty means that we accept you? Th-then you're fucking wrong," He hissed, getting dangerously close to me, once again.

"No, I don't think that."

The girls around me stood up and glared at Borra, fluffing up their feathers and standing tall.

I stood up, standing my ground and staring up at him, not letting his height intimidate me.

"I know that you hold a strong hatred for my kind, which I can understand, but we are not all the same. I'm sorry for what my ancestors have done to you and all you may have lost, but I am not like them. I want peace. Peace between our two worlds, and to one day live in harmony with one another. But, do you want that?" I spoke like a true monarch, sophisticated and fair, and it shocked him how I did not shake in his presence.

And in a gust of wind, he flew up and out of sight.