CH.5: THE CONSEQUENCE

Chapter 5:
The Consequence.
Florence P.O.V.

From what I have been told, Borra was receiving severe punishment for what he did to me. It’s been days since I’ve last seen him, and the mark had bruises that ranged from purple to yellow. Apparently, he had done a sacred mark that is only meant for two consenting Dark Fey when they both love each other and treasure their union - it’s marriage.

The punishment for a forced marriage is death, but I would never want him dead nor to be tortured, but that is his punishment. I begged and pleaded for him not be tortured, but it was either that or his head would be cut off.

And today he was being released.

All Fey, even me, had to be there when he came out of the cave in which he was beaten and scarred, to show an example as to what happens when a Dark Fey breaks the law. Ini stood by me through this, holding my hand and reassuring me that it would all be okay, but I knew it wouldn’t.

Conall came out of the cave with a somber look upon his face, and his eyes immediately landed on my bruised mark. He mouthed “I’m sorry” before turning back to the cave and I covered my mouth in horror at what I witnessed.

They dragged his limp body out, as if he was already dead, and threw him to the ground like he were nothing. His body was covered in his own blood with scars all across it, and as he lifted up his head he coughed up blood and there was a deep slash on his forehead.

"This is what happens to one who chooses to break the law! The penalty was death, but thanks to his unwanted mate, we chose a different path," Conall pulled him up, and he leaned against him to try and stay up.

And his eyes found mine.

Never in a million years did I ever think I would see Borra so broken, so defeated by his own kind, and yet here he is. 

"She pleaded for your life to be spared, Borra. Despite the pain you have caused her, she wanted you to live. She saved your life. What do you say to that?" Conall spoke out, and let go of his grip on Borra. His eyes remained in line with mine, trying to keep himself up.

"I'm. . .sorry. . ." And his body gave out, falling to the ground.

And I ran towards him.

It all seemed to happen in slow motion as his body fell towards the ground, and I dove down to make sure he wasn't hurt anymore than he already was. I wrapped my arms under his, pulling him up to me and his head lazily lay on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry. . .this is all my fault. I'm so sorry," My heart absolutely broke as sobs racked my body. All you could hear was my cries as I held the Dark Fey I cared so deeply for in my arms, blaming myself for his torture since I was the one who tempted him without even knowing it.

"You. . .Flower."

"Y-Yes?" I sniffled, and he pulled his head to make eye contact with me.

"You still don't. . .get it, do you? You are the Queen here. . .you did nothing wrong."

"But I-"

"No. . .no buts, okay? You did not deserve what I did to you. . ."

"But I-"

"No buts, okay?" He chuckled, trying his best to make me smile. Like how he always does when I'm sad.

"We can work on this. . .together, but only if you want to," He offered, referring to our bond and union, and I sniffled.

"Yes, I do. . .I-I mean yes, I want to," I smiled before calling Ini and Udo over to help him get to his nest, and I hoped and prayed that my growing feelings for him would not get in the way of our union.