CH.10: ROYAL DECREE

CHAPTER 10:
Royal Decree
Borra P.O.V

"I know that you hold a strong hatred for my kind, which I can understand, but we are not all the same. I'm sorry for what my ancestors have done to you and all you may have lost, but I am not like them. I want peace. Peace between our two worlds, and to one day live in harmony with one another. But, do you want that?"

"I may be short for a queen, Borra, but you forget that I am a Pendragon. The smallest prey always makes the most trouble, do they not?"

"War never ends in peace on both sides - not forever. Please, just this one time?"

Her words rang in my mind as I flew across the great sky with my brethren. The paint across my face signifying my readiness for war, and how I will not give up until my Flower is safe.

I do not care of the human kings anymore, or what they can offer her. It is what I can give her.

Endless love and appreciation for what she does for me and my people, praise for understanding my culture and our way of life, affection during all hours of the day and treating her as the queen she is. Kisses upon her cheek and lips, meaning every single one because she is mine and mine alone.

Because she is my wife.

The feared look within her eyes as they dragged her away, it is one I never want to see again.

"Borra," I turned to see Ini.

"Go and find Florence. Udo and I can handle the fight."

"No, I am leader now and I take responsibility for-"

"You are also her husband, and she needs you. I promise, we'll do everything we can."

"I must lead you first, then I will go for her."

Please be okay, my love.

You are strong, so fight while you can.

____________
Florence P.O.V.

Finally!

I breathed out, trying to catch my breath because of the actions I just did only a few seconds ago.

I managed to get close enough to one of the guards and grab the keys to get out, then fought them off with an old metal helmet and violently swung it around and beat them with it.

And now they're all unconscious.

Now, to find someone who is on my side.

The plans I set in place for if I were to ever die made King Henry the heir of Englands crown, but he won't let me take it back so easily now that I've returned. And that's exactly why I chose him, so Ingrith couldn't sway him into giving her the crown.

But just as I sped past a window, I had to come to a stop.

Do my eyes deceive me?

And no, they didn't. The horror of Fae and human battling against eachother in an all out war made me gasp. Fae wrapped in iron traps, fighting and screaming their war cries, and humans fending off the land they thought belonged to them.

No. . .

No! This cannot be!

"Stronger than I thought," The annoying voice of Ingrith rang through the halls of the castle.

"My father didn't go down without a fight," I spat, my unruly brown locks freed from their usual bun.

"So neither shall I."

////
So sorry about the wait!! I literally had so much shit going on with my mom getting Covid and then me, and my grandma had heart surgery. It's just been a long ass year, but do not worry as the next chapter should be up soon.