Chapter 11: Gideon the UnSub!

The next morning the team gathered in the conference room. Hotch told them how Gideon showed up at his place and tried to take Reid. They glanced at the still-sleeping toddler in Hotch's lap. Hotch didn't bother to wake him up this morning. Reid was still worn out from yesterday so he let him sleep.

"So what'll we do? We can't let Gideon take Reid." Morgan asked.

"I don't know," Hotch said, he had no idea what to do. Rossi suggested one of them take Reid. If Gideon watched Hotch's house only, they had a chance to hide Reid. It was a good idea and a chorus of "I'll take him" filled the room but stopped when a soft whimper came from the toddler. Reid opened his eyes and looked around. He realized he at the conference room.

Fisting his eyes sleepily, Hotch got up to change Reid into his work clothes. When they came back, the team explained everything to Reid. Reid thought it was a good idea, but who was he gonna stay with? They decided Emily would take him. She lived fairly close to the BAU, Hotch and Morgan weren't too far either so if she needed back up they could get to her right away.

While the others were going over plans Garcia and Reid were watching silly YouTube videos on her laptop. Laughter from the toddler made the team smile. The distraction was working.

"And what are you two laughing about?" asked Morgan. Garcia showed him the video and Morgan was dying. The others looked at them like they were nuts. Garcia put them on the flat screen and they were rolling. They needed a good laugh. Soon it was Spencer's lunch time. Morgan and Garcia took him to a McDonald's that had a play area where he could run around for a bit.

While Reid and Morgan played, Garcia got lunch.

"Alright, my favourite snuggle bunnies! Food time!" She announced.

Morgan caught a giggling Reid at the end of the slide and threw over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Garcia laughed and took a picture sending it to the team. She got text messages from them. The first was from Emily and JJ.

'So adorable! Cure you, Morgan! Stop hogging him!'

The second one was from Rossi

'Don't drop him now or else Hotch will throw you over his knee. Lol.'

Morgan had to laugh at that one and texted Rossi.

'Right. Like Hotch would put me over his knee.'

Morgan got a text from Hotch.

'Try me.'

He received another text from Emily and JJ.

'Run man run!'

'So busted.'

Morgan laughed and shook his head. He glanced at his baby brother who was playing with his food while he was eating, he looked at Garcia who was taping the whole thing.

'Kids in for it now.' Morgan thought chuckling.

About a half hour later, they carried a peacefully sleeping Reid into the conference room. Morgan made a beeline for the couch and layed Reid down tucking him in.

"I take you guys had fun?" Hotch asked quietly.

"You bet we did!" Garcia exclaimed softly and she showed them the video of Reid playing with his food. They laughed as quietly as they could.

Later that night Emily took Reid home with her. She settled Reid on the couch. Reid was startled when the cat jumped up on the couch. She laughed.

"Serge, this is Spencer. He's my little brother, and he'll be staying with us tonight, so be good." She said. "You can pet him, he won't bite."

Reid reached out and patted Sergio on the head. He purred and curled up in Reid's lap. Emily smiled at the sight and took a picture.

"Good kitty," Reid said, petting the cat. Sergio loved the attention he was getting.

Emily came from the bathroom to get Reid to bathe him and put him to bed. She whipped out her phone and snapped another photo at the sight before her. After saving the photo as her new background, she woke the toddler and carried him into the bathroom.

When she finished, she tucked in the groggy boy and sat in the rocking chair next to the bed. While watching him sleep, she showed the pictures she took of Reid to the team. The one with Sergio curled in Reid's lap and the recent one with Reid and Sergio knocked out on the couch. She quietly laughed at the text messages she got. The first one was from Garcia.

'So sweet! I wish I was there! Going in Reid's baby book!'

The next one was from JJ.

'Too cute!'

Morgan was next.

'Awww. I can imagine him with Clooney. He loves to snuggle.'

Rossi was next.

'Even I have to admit that's cute.'

Hotch was last.

'Glad he's ok. Glad to see the 'Reid Effect' is gone. Be careful tonight.'

She texted him back.

'Yep, the 'Reid Effect' is no more. Serge is sleeping with him now. It's so cute. And we'll be fine. You be careful too.'

She put her phone down and glanced at her baby brother. She couldn't get over how tiny he was now. Sure, she missed adult Reid, but she was glad this happened. Now the family has a chance to give him the childhood he deserves. A noise brought her out of her thoughts. She grabbed her gun and slowly moved toward the living room. She didn't have time to react or see what happened before her world was hazy. She caught a glimpse of Gideon taking Reid before blacking out.

Gideon carried a sleeping Reid into his third home. He thought the team might look for him at his cabin and old apartment.

He layed Reid in his bed and carded a hand through his hair.

"Rest well son, we're finally home." He said.