Chapter 22: Nice shot little one

Reid woke up the next morning to find Hotch already gone and Garcia working. He climbed out of bed dragging the blanket behind him. He tottled over to the tech agent. She smiled at her charge. He was so cute. Blanket in one hand, Artemis in the other. She settled him in her lap and worked for a few minutes. Morgan came in with a tray of food.

"Well. Look whose up. Morning squrit." He greeted smiling.

"Morning Mowgan." He said sleepily.

The three ate their breakfast and Morgan helped Reid get ready. They got to work and Reid found the places were the UnSubs did their work. Praising the toddler Morgan alerted Hotch and they went back to work.

Hotch and the others sperated. Hotch and JJ in one SUV and Emily and Rossi in the other. Speeding down the highway the Hotch and JJ reached the house of the killer. When they got to the house a horrible stench filled their noses. Hotch went up to the front of the house and JJ around back. Hotch kicked in the door.

"FBI!" He shouted.

JJ came in the back. She looked through the kitchen, the dining room, and the basement. Nothing.

"Clear!" She shouted.

Hotch looked through the living room, the office, and the upstairs bedrooms and bathrooms. Nothing either.

"Clear!" He shouted. He back downstairs and found JJ in the office going through all file cabinets and desk drawers.

"This guy is organized. He keeps records of his victims. Work schedules, hours, phone numbers, bank accounts. He stalks them and then takes them. He also documents his kills." She told him.

"Let's get back to the station and get this info to Garcia." He said.

She followed Hotch to the SUV and they headed back to the sation.

Rossi and Emily got to the second house of the rapist. Rossi like Hotch went up to the front and Emily like JJ went around to the back. Rossi busted the door in.

"FBI!" He shouted.

Emily got in and searched the kitchen, dining room. There was no basement.

"Clear!" She shouted.

Rossi checked the living room, and upstairs bedrooms.

"Clear!" He shouted.

He came downstairs and he and Emily went outside to search the shed. They found one UnSub, he was dead. They figured his partner killed him. They got back to the SUV and Emily called Hotch.

"Hotch, we got the second house. The partner, the rapist. He's dead. We think the killer got rid of him." She told him. "We're coming back to the station."

Meanwhile at the hotel. (A/N: Lol.)

Morgan was playing with Reid. The kid needed a break. Garcia watched while she worked on the info Hotch and JJ gave her. Morgan was tickling Reid to death.

"T-top *giggle* it!" Reid laughed.

"What's the magic word Pretty Boy?" Morgan asked.

"Peas!" Reid shrieked.

"Ewwww. Nope try again." He said.

Reid squrimed trying to get away. No luck. He tackled Morgan.

"Hey!" He shouted playfully.

Morgan threw him up, caught him and blew a raspberry on his belly. There was a knock on the door. He sat Reid down next to Garcia. This gave the toddler a chance to breathe. Reid didn't have time to think when Garcia picked him up, ran into the bathroom, and locked the door. The UnSub got in! Reid squrimed. He had to help Morgan!

They heard the two wrestle and fight. Reid got out of Garcias death grip and ran out. Reid spotted Morgans gun. He rushed over and grabbed it. He pointed it the UnSub and fired.

The UnSub fell to the floor. Reid got a head shot. He was the floor. The recoil knocked him down. He then heard a familier voice.

"Baby boy, you got him. Give me the gun. It's ok." Morgan said.

Reid handed him the gun and jumped in Morgans arms. Garcia kicked the UnSubs dead body. She rushed over taking Reid from Morgan and hugging him tightly. Morgan then called Hotch. There was a moment of silence, then there were tires screeching in the background.

Hotch nearly broke the door. He rushed over to Garcia and took Reid from her. Hotchs grip tighten.

That night after dinner no one wanted to leave Reid. So they made room and they all spent the night in Hotchs room. Hotch wrapped his arms around his sleeping charge. The family prepared themselves as they slept for a nightmared filled night.