Chapter 61: New York

Hotch carried a teary eyed, groggy Spencer on to the jet. A case in New York city came up and they were needed. But a few moments ago Hotch had taken Spencer to the doctor. No he wasn't sick, he needed his shots updated. And Spencer, well we all know how he is about needles.

"What's wrong my snuggle bunny?" Garcia asked. She was going with them.

"We had to get Spencers shots updated." Hotch said, still trying to comfort the baby.

"I bet that didn't go well." Rossi said.

"No. But the doctor he'll knock out soon." Hotch said.

Hotch told how they had to sedate him to get him to take the shot, and all the side effects. Finally falling asleep, Hotch laid the toddler down. He rolled over and buried his face in Artemis. They began profiling.

Spencer woke to Emily carrying him. He lifted his head to find they were at the hotel. He fisted his and laid his head back on Emily's shoulder.

"Go back to sleep sweetheart." Emily said softly.

Spencer closed his eyes and dropped back off. Emily laid him down, taking off his shoes and hoodie. She carded a hand through his long locks. She grabbed her case file off the table, sat on the bed next to Spencer and got to work. She glanced at her baby brother. He was so cute. His thumb in his mouth, face half-buried in Artemis. She smiled. The IM on the laptop went off.

BabyGirl25: Did you two make it to the hotel?

FBIHeroine: Yes Garcia. And he's fine. Still sleeping soundly.

BabyGirl25: Good. Hotch though stoic, has been frantic.

FBIHeroine: Dude needs a chill pill.

BabyGirl25: Got that right. Well I'm off my dove. Be safe.

FBIHeroine: I will.

She closed the laptop and turned to find her charge half-asleep looking at the case.

"We're in New York looking for a serial killer. We estimate he's about 45-55, physically fit, and likes to use kitchen appliences, dishes, pots and pans, and utensils as weapons." She told the baby as he leaned into her. "Still sleepy huh?"

Getting a nod, she sprung into action. She fed and bathed him, tucking him in for the night. She kissed the toddlers forehead and got back to work.

Elsewhere.

"Where am I?"

"Hell my dear. Welcome."

"Please. Let me go."

"Tell me do you like cooking?"

"Just let me go."

Blood spattered everywhere and the pan was placed in the sink with the other dishes.