Chapter 82: Happy birthday little one

Spencer woke up the next the morning to the smell of something good. He got out of bed and tottled down stairs. He walked into the kitchen and that his big brother and sister were there. He tottled over to them and climbed into Morgans lap.

Morgan looked down and smiled at the sleepy baby.

"Good morning birthday boy." He said.

His birthday. Reid forgot.

"Good morning Handsome." Emily said.

"Good mowning Mowgan and Emily." He yawned.

The kid was so cute waking up. Hotch turned the boy and kissed the top of his head.

"Morning sunshine." He said.

"Mowning Hotch." He said.

Hotch sat some plates down in front of the profilers. Bacon, eggs, and waffles. Yum. They dug in to the delicious food. They chatted while they ate. Morgan joked with Reid that he was 'this many' and held up three fingers. Reid countered that Morgan was 'this many' and held up one finger. They laughed.

After they ate they cleaned and Morgan helped his baby bro with his bath. When that task was done they got in the SUV and headed to Rossis.

"Whewe awe we going?" Reid asked.

"To Rossis." Hotch said.

Rossis Mansion.

They walked in and they saw the manor was decorated for Halloween.

"Well look who finally showed. Happy birthday kiddo." Rossi said taking the baby from Hotch. He kissed his forehead and led the group into the kitchen where Garcia and JJ were making something sweet. Garcia turned and rushed over to Rossi and took Reid from him, hugging him tightly.

"Hello my sweet baby. Happy birthday." She said.

"Fant you." He said.

JJ carded a hand through his hair and kissed his cheek.

"Well what are standing here for? Let's get this party going." Rossi said.

I once was told

That you don't have to be blood to be family

We became close

We became siblings

The family watched as the big brother and sister played and laughed with the little brother. His laughter filled the air. They were happy he was.

I once was told

Life was like a puzzle

All of the pieces are jumbled at first

Give it time he said the pieces will come together

Reid tore the gifts his family got for him. Morgan got him a ball and mitt, and told him they'd go play catch some afternoon. Emily got him a book by Clive Cussler that he would enjoy, she told him she'd read a couple chapter to him at bedtime. Garcia and JJ got him all kinds of clothes and toys he would enjoy while he was growing up. Rossi had gotten him an antique chess board and challenged him to a game. He laughed. He got and hugged his family thanking him for the gifts. He loved them.

Life is puzzle we put together we each other

We'll make a picture of our world

My dreams and yours have become one

Will get through this together

After all fate brought us here

At dinner the family chatted and ate happily with each other. Just enjoying the company. Spencer giggled while Morgan was making faces and playing with his food. Hotch scolded Morgan lightly. He shrugged and winked at the toddler. JJ playfully swatted his arm.

Call my name and I'll guide you through

Take my hand and I'll lead home

Pick up the pieces as we go

I don't want to forget the moments we share

I don't want to forget you

Garcia took a bunch of pictures for Spencers baby book. She liked the one with JJ and Spencer both blowing out the candles together. Morgan liked the one with Hotch, Rossi and Spencer when they washing dishes. They had to give Reid a bath for he was covered in bubbles. Rossi liked the one with Reid and Morgan building with one of the lego sets JJ and Garcia gave him. Hotch liked the group one. JJ and Emily liked the one with Emily and Reid in the rocking chair reading the book she got him. Reid liked them all. Or he would've if he saw them. He was sleeping peacefully in his bedroom upstairs. They decided it was time to clean up and get to bed as well. They had another big day ahead of them tomorrow, trick-or-treating. They did that and they stayed the night at Rossis. Hotch slept with Spencer. Both slept with a smile on their face.

The pieces we have all fall into place

The laughs we shared the smiles we gave

All show on the picture before us

Nostalgic music that we heard plays through my mind

Everytime I hear it I have to smile

I once was told

That you don't have to be blood to be family

We became close

We became lovers

I once was told

Life was like a puzzle

All of the pieces are jumbled at first

I gave it time I told him and the pieces all came together

The picture became clear and it was complete

All because I have you

The picture became clear and it was complete

All because I have you

All because we have us