Chapter 12: Home? I think not

Hotch paced back and forth in the waiting room. The team never liked them. Garcia and JJ were in tears, Morgan was sitting in the SUV after being kicked for punching the wall, and Rossi stared blankly out the window. Emily and the doctor finally came out of the door for what seemed like hours.

"She has a minor concussion and is clear to work in the field, just keep your eyes on her." The doctor said sternly.

"Thank you, doctor," Hotch said, shaking her hand. The doctor glanced at Emily again and disappeared behind the doors.

"Are you okay, Em?" JJ asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Hotch, I'm so sorry. I should've stayed with Reid." Emily apologized.

"It's not your fault. Gideon could've been at the BAU waiting for us." Rossi said.

She nodded and looked around for Morgan. Garcia said he got kicked out for punching the wall. Emily smiled a little. That's Morgan. They quickly made it to the SUV and raced to the BAU.

They knew Gideon wouldn't risk taking Reid to his cabin or apartment, so where was he? They wish they could put an APB on Reid, but they feared Gideon would run. And there had to be another reason for Gideon taking Reid. Guilt for abandoning him was one, being too little for the BAU wasn't much, but they added it, but there was something else they knew. Garcia found the answer. Gideon's son had died in an accident with a drunk driver. They put two and two together. Gideon was having an emotional breakdown. Now, they had to get to Reid before he ended up hurting him and himself.

The team began their search and silently prayed that their baby was alright.

Reid looked franticly for a way out or at least to get a message out to his family. Gideon had taken his phone, and his laptop was locked up tight. The sound of heavy footsteps snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Ah, good morning son. I trust you slept well?" He asked the toddler. Reid only nodded. He wasn't up for talking. Gideon scooped up the toddler, placed him in a booster seat and glanced at his arm before turning his attention to the stove.

"Oh, Spencer. How'd you break your arm?" He asked.

"I fell." Reid lied.

"Don't lie to me," Gideon said.

"Morgan and I got into a tar weck, and fa damage was done to fa bat on my side." He said.

Gideon shook his. He should've known. Morgan was always so reckless. He was surprised Reid survived.

"When do you get your cast off?" He asked.

"Next weet." The toddler replied. Gideon nodded.

"I'll make you an appointment at my doctor to get it off." He said.

Reid sighed. He didn't know where he was at, Gideon kidnapped him, and the team was probably beyond frantic. He missed his family. He hoped there was some way he could reach them. Reid silently ate breakfast, deciding not to argue with Gideon and let him bathe him.

Bathed and dressed, Gideon took Reid to the store to get what they needed. He saw this as an opportunity to contact his family. While Gideon was turned around, Reid took the phone Gideon had taken earlier. Quickly and quietly, he texted Morgan and put his phone back in Gideon's pocket. Reid hoped that Morgan got his message. He also left his phone so Garcia could track him.

Back at the BAU, the team continued their search when Morgan's phone went off. He flipped it open and Reid had texted him!

'Morgan with Gideon, don't know where I am. I'm okay. Phone on so Garcia can track.'

Garcia, quick with her fingers, found Reid's location! They weren't in Virginia but in North Carolina! Gideon must've driven all night to get there.

"Grab your go-bags! Wheels up now!" Hotch shouted. They didn't need to be told twice. They grabbed their gear and were on the jet in record time.

That night, Spencer sat up in his crib. Gideon kept his nursey the way it was even as his own got older. The toddler held the dog Garcia made for him tightly and prayed that she found him.

Gideon sat awake in his bed looking at old photos of him and his son, him and Reid at BAU. He sighed. He was upset about his son. But was happy his other son was home.