Chapter 4

Giza walked Fuli back to her cave. They talked a little more and then he left. Fuli sat down still awake, thinking about Giza, Kion and the guard. I think I do love Giza. He has been kind to me. But so has Kion...Fuli laid her head down. But she was startled by what sounded like Kion's roar. Now that he got a new roar, was it louder than the previous one? She didn't know if it was just memories or if it really was his roar. He's somewhere out there. I wonder if he noticed I was gone. Probably not. Then Fuli laid her head down again and fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------

Giza: Fuli, wake up.

Fuli: Hm,

Giza: It's time for the Mbio yetu.

Fuli: The Race of Us?

Giza: YEAH! Imma take you today.

Fuli: Wow, amazing. Can I join?

Giza: Probably not, you're still new. Give it until the next race.

Fuli: When's that?

Giza: Next month. 

Fuli: WHAT? Seriously? Fine, I'll just watch.

Giza and Fuli walked out of the cave. They talked until they were in something that kinda looked like an arena. Fuli followed Giza into a spot where they could see the race perfectly. There were five cheetahs. Three males and two females. Fuli looked around and more cheetahs started coming in and cheering, louder and louder. Then, a cheetah in the middle a male cheetah started to yell loud.

???: HELLO EVERYONE, IT'S ME YOUR HOST SPIKA! AS you all know, today is the Mbio Yetu! THE RACE OF US! And as US cheetahs, we have to have races.! RIGHT? Yeah, so... LET THE RACES BEGIN!

The crowd started to cheer. Fuli felt sudden happiness like this, WAS her home. She started to cheer with the crowd and Giza did the same. Suddenly, the count down. Tatu, Mbili, Moja, NENDA! The five cheetahs started running as fast as they can. One female was in the lead but a male ran forward. All cheetah got a chance to be first but they became second, third, fourth fifth. The cheetahs had to run fifth-teen laps. But since they were cheetahs, it didn't take that long. Finally, at lap fifth-teen, all cheetahs were next to each other. And a Female suddenly went forward and won the race. The crowd cheered. And the Race was over.

Spika: AND MSIKILZAJI HAS WON THE MBIO YETU!

Fuli: Who's that?

Giza: OH! Msikilzaji is a really fast cheetah, even though she's old.

Giza looked at her.

Giza: What are you thinking?

Fuli: I want to race her, I want to race Msikilzaji.

Giza: NO! I mean, that would be awesome but she is WAY TO FAST!

Fuli: And I am faster.

Giza: I told you Fuli, wait for the races next month.

Fuli: And I will

-------(One month later)------

A month past and Fuli had gotten over Kion and Choose Giza. Giza sat in one of the front rows and watched as Fuli was going to run the race.

Spika: WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE MBIO YETU! THE RACE OF US! Today we have anew RUNNER, FULI! She is close mates to GIZA and came to the Lands just last month! OK RUNNERS, GET SET PLEASE! Tatu, Mbili, Moja, NENDA!

Fuli ran but was behind. She had a plan though, she was going to be behind until the end to run and use her speed. She wanted to beat Msikilazaji. I'm not going to lose. She thought. She kept running and Spika kept track of the laps, then on the second lap, she speeds up a little. Then a little more to be next to the racers. She looked at Msikilazaji and she looked back. Fuli looked forward but then everyone stopped, the racers stopped. One of the walls of the racing arena exploded, but the explosion was a roar. Everyone ran to one side with the runners in front of them. The cheetahs were ready to face what it was. Then lions and lionesses come through. Then the Night Pride. And then came Kion. And with him was Rani. The lions were on one side and the cheetahs were on the other. Then came the leader of the cheetahs. He stood in front of the cheetahs. Fuli knew him. He was the father of her friend Machozi. Nafasi was his name.

Nafasi: How dare you barge in like that!

Kion: We're here to look for a cheetah!

Nafasi laughed.

Nafasi: There are many cheetahs, I don't suppose you'll look at all of them and find your cheetah!

Kion: Nnnnoooo, Rani? What are we going to do?

Rani: Well

Nafsi: LEAVE NOW!

Kion: WE WON'T!

Rani: Kion-

Kion: FULI!

Kion finally yelled.

Kion: Please, come back to the tree of life!

Fuli looked around and many eyes we on her. She put her head up and walked towards Nafasi. She gave him a please-let-me-handle-this look. He nodded and backed away a little.

Fuli: Kion, you have NO right to just burst a wall like that!

Kion: Ok, but-

Fuli: NO! I'm NOT GOING BACK! I'm happy here. With my friends and family.

She looked back at Giza who stepped forward, he looked at Machozi, Machozi looked at Azaad and they all stepped forward next to Nafasi.

Kion: But Fuli, we need you at the tree of life. Why did you leave?

Fuli: Because-Because I wanted to!

Kion: FULI! PLEASE!

Fuli: No, NOW LEAVE!

Kion: NO! WE'RE NOT LEAVING WITHOUT YOU!

Fuli stepped back next to Nafasi and looked at him. Then all the other cheetahs stood beside them.

Fuli: GO NOW OR ELSE-

Nafsi: OR ELSE WAR!

Kion: Rani-

Rani: Honestly I don't care, they don't want to listen to the King? Their fault. 

Kion: Lions!

Nafsi: Cheetahs! 

Kion: TO THE TREE OF LIFES END!

Lions: Lions will defend!

Nafsi: MOTO NI WA MILELE NA HATUWEZI KUZIMA!

Cheetahs: Moto ni wa milele na hatuwezi kuzima!

Fuli: THE fire is eternal and we won't stop!

Both lions and cheetahs charged at each other. Both were battling. Fuli couldn't believe that she caused this. Well, I'm going to end it! She thought. She killed a few lions and scratched a few also. Making them bleed. She looked around for Giza to see if he was fine. There! She ran to a body. A male body. A male body that was a cheetah. She laid down next to him. She looked down and comforted Giza for awhile. 

Giza: Fuli?

Fuli: Giza.

Giza let out a little laugh.

Giza: Imma kill that son of a-

Fuli: Giza, I'm going to kill him, who is it? Who did this?

Giza: Your old boyfriend, Kion.