Day 0 - Seokjin

The hybrid woke up with a sigh, stretching his body like the cat he was. He slowly opened his eyes, whining when the morning rays blinded him.

"Wake up, manager has called you."

A voice said, breaking the sweet haze of sleep. Seokjin, for a second, had forgotten where he was. The hybrid could suddenly feel the stiff matress under him and the overwhelming smell of cheap deodorant in the room.

"Yeah...", he whispered but the man had already left, "Time to train."

Rubbing the sleep away from his eyes, Seokjin gingerly got out, mindful of his burnt foot. They were training yesterday to cook a heavy meal when Seokjin had accidentally dropped the pot on his leg. It still hurt, probably because he was only given some medicine to deal with the pain and not any actual cure.

"Seokj- why are walking like that?" The manager asked as soon as the cat came inside his office.

"I got hurt yesterday...", he hesitantly said, afraid to be yelled at.

"God that's-" the manager hit the bell near his disk and soon a tall, slender man came in.

"Take this hybrid to the doctor and bandage up his wounds. I want him to be able to walk properly by tomorrow. And put some healthy food in him and wash him up properly."

Seokjin was confused at his orders but followed the tall man, not wanting to anger his boss.

The manager picked up his phone and dialed a number, "Meet me at once."

Another man came in after a few minutes. He was tall with a lean built.

"Hoseok, I want you to make sure that Seokjin remembers all his lessons, he will be sent to a house tomorrow."

"Sir, tomorrow?" Hoseok said, frowning, "He's still not good at handling some stuff and-"

"That's your problem, but I want the boy ready to be a maid. Mrs. Jeon wants him by tomorrow evening."

"But sir we have so many other hybrids, more experienced than Jin-"

"She wants a young male hybrid. I don't why but male hybrids have been in demand lately, to the point that we sold all of ours in under a month. He's the only one left and I'm not going to turn that woman down. So prepare Seokjin, either gently or with force, but make him a perfect housemaid by tomorrow."

"Alright sir..." Hoseok trailed off, leaving the room. He frowned, not liking how fast things were going for Jin.

The poor boy wouldn't like this news.

But he had to follow orders so the man started towards the medical room, hoping that the new house would be kind to his young kitty.

~

"Tomorrow?!" Seokjin's eyes widened, "But I'm not ready! And why me? You know my problem..."

"I know baby", Hosdok sadly smiled, patting the boy's head, "But the client wants a young boy as maid and you're the only one we have right now."

"But..."

Seokjin was scared at the thought of leaving this house. Sure, this place was no paradise but at least it was familiar. Going to a foreign house who had specifically asked for someone like him... He was terrified. What if he gets thrown out the first day? And he knows what happens to rejects...

"They'll reject me the very first day, I know that", he muttered, his throat closing up.

"Sweety no, please don't cry. I'll train you as best as I can, okay? You won't be rejected."

"But we only have one day! And I cannot even cook a big meal without-"

"Mrs. Jeon is the one who asked you, and she already has five of our maids. I don't think she wants you for her house. Maybe for her son. And I know my Jinnie can take care of one teenager, right?"

"B-but what if she wants to send me somewhere else? An extended family?" The hybrid worried, nibbling on his lips.

"That's highly unlikely. Don't worry so m- Jinnie stop, your lips will bleed."

Hoseok gently removed the soft lips from the assault of sharp teeth. The boy must be pretty spooked if he has his canine teeth out.

"Listen, I'm pretty sure it's for her son, and as much as I've heard of him, he is not as intimidating as his father. Maybe he'll overlook some of your mistakes. So please baby, stop thinking of the worst possible scenario and let's get to work, you have a job from tomorrow."

This wasn't really a job because Jin wouldn't be paid, at least not until he clears off his dept. But Hoseok was right, it'll be better to train than worry for tomorrow.

"Okay, let's start", he said after taking a long calming breath.

"My brave kitty", the mentor praised and helped Jin get to his feet.

"Will this be healed by tomorrow?" Hoseok asked, concerned.

"They gave me enhanced medicines to heal faster."

"But those medicines can be harmful for the hybrid side of you."

It wasn't the first time Hoseok had seen a hybrid's health being ignored for the sake of increasing their work efficiency. But Seokjin was like a younger brother to him and knowing that he cannot do anything to protect the boy... He felt guilty.

"Hyung, don't be sad. I'm totally fine! And this is what, the third time they've done this? It's not that much! It won't harm me, I promise", Seokjin smiled up at his elder, tightly holding his hand.

Hoseok smiled in response, though he knew it was an empty promise.

"Okay Jinnie, whatever you say."

And so they continued to the kitchen to start their lesson, both of them pretending to be okay in this grave situation.

One day, Hoseok thought as Jin collected the items to make breakfast, One day I will get you out of this horrible life. Just give me some time, Jinnie.

Another chapter, this time from Seokjin's perspective!

Thank you for all the support you all gave me, I feel blessed to have readers like you ☺️

Don't forget to vote and follow to show your appreciation ❤️

Keep loving yourself and keep smiling 😊