Day 4 - Anger & Angst

"Don't you think he'll be mad?" Jimin questioned.

Both he and Taehyung stood in front of Jungkook's house, bags of food and other snacks in their hands.

"Of course he won't! You saw how down he looked in school today, I'm sure this surprise will cheer him up."

"As you say..." The older trailed off, unsure but wanting to do it for his maknae.

They had thought Jungkook will be energetic after their day off yesterday but he instead looked worried, pondering over some mystery throughout the periods.

"Kookie!" Taehyung called out, knocking at the door thrice.

They only had to wait for a minute before it was opened by a smaller man, his hair a unique purple and brown eyes looking up at them.

"Yes? How may I help you?" The man sweetly asked, a small smile on his face.

"We're here to-"

"You're Seokjin!" Taehyung said grinning and placed the paper bags on the ground to extend his hand for a handshake, "I'm Taehyung and this is Jimin, we're Jungkook's friend."

Seokjin looked a little taken aback by the cheerful greeting but he shook the hand nonetheless, giving a warm smile in return.

"Nice to meet you, Taehyung-shi. Please, do come in."

They entered with a nod and a smile. Taehyung looked excited to meet a new person but Jimin was a little worried at how innocent Jin was.

"You know, you shouldn't trust us", Jimin advised, setting the bags on the coffee table.

The hybrid frowned, not understanding the human.

"What I mean is, we might be frauds, for all you know. You shouldn't just open doors for strangers and let them in because they said they known Jungkook."

Seokjin's cheeks coloured in embarrassment, quickly realising his fault.

"We're his friends, you can even see our stupid picture hanging in Kookie's room, but still... You shouldn't just trust a stranger."

"I'm really sorry!" Seokjin exclaimed, bowing 90 degrees. He understood how stupid and dangerous this could have turned if they were actually frauds, and the hybrid was ashamed to know that his stupidity might have cost his sir heavily, "I-I will take care from next time, please forgive me!"

He couldn't help the tears that sprung in his eyes, guilt and fear singing in his heart.

"Look what you did! First time we meet him and you made him sad!" Taehyung scolded his friend before he turned towards Jin, leaning down to cup his face, "Hey, don't worry, Jimin is just a pessimist, he thinks the worst anyway. Security wouldn't just let anyone in the building, so don't worry, hmm?"

"Tae, you know how dangerous it could be. And Seokjin, I'm sorry to hurt you but I was just looking out for you guys, I don't want you or Kookie to get hurt", Jimin softly said, his eyes apologetic.

Seokjin raised his head, shaking it in negative.

"You don't need to apologise, Jimin-shi. You're right, I should be more careful. I've never... Lived like this. I didn't think before doing that..."

"It's okay, you learned, now please smile, for us?" Taehyung grinned his box grin, making the hybrid smile a little, "Oh come now, I know that smile can be bigger."

Seokjin giggled at his words, covering his mouth to suppress the sound.

"See, you have such a cute giggle!" Taehyung cooed, chuckling along with him.