Week 3 (Pt. 1)

At the age of 5, Jungkook thought Santa was real. He was proven wrong 7 years later.

At the age of 7, Jungkook thought he can love whoever he want. He was proven wrong 5 years later.

At the age of 18, Jungkook thought it was a good idea to have Seokjin meet a new hybrid. He was proven wrong 3 days later.

"Really Jungkook, I cannot tell you how happy I am."

It was a tiring afternoon, like all Monday afternoons are. But not for Seokjin. Nope.

Yesterday he had spent the whole day clinging to his lion hyung and praising his smartness. And from the moment they got back, he hadn't stopped thanking the young boy.

He felt really proud to have made Seokjin so happy but he cannot overlook the teeny tiny detail that it wasn't him who made him happy, he just paved the way to Seokjin's happiness, to his Joonie hyung.

"Hyung, you have thanked me enough to last a lifetime", he tried to joke, hoping his bitter feeling wasn't revealed. Fortunately Seokjin just blushed (and what a pretty blush was it) and stuttered cutely, "S-sorry."

""Sorry and thank you" that is the only thing you tell me nowadays", Jungkook sighed. He instantly realised how whiny he sounded but looking up, he just found a shy Seokjin picking at his nails.

"W-what else do you want to hear?" He asked softly and- oh, was he giving Jungkook a free pass to ask whatever he wants?

"I want to hear answers... to many things..." He answered slowly, not sure if he read the signals right.

Seokjin just looked at him. "How will you hear answers if you don't ask questions."

He was giving Jungkook the pass. The boy would have patted himself on the back if he was alone.

"Do you like men?"

Remember how 3 seconds ago he said he would have patted himself on the back? Yeah, Jungkook takes that back.

"Um...", Seokjin started, looking surprised at the question, "Yeah. I don't- don't really care for the gender."

So, do I have a chance? "Cool!" His enthusiasm sounded fake even to his own ears. Seokjin's mouth was set in a line.

"I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable but I'm not ashamed of who I like."

Jungkook gaped at Jin, admiring how brave he was and also because does he think I'm homophobic?!

"I really don't have any problem, I'm just... Bad when talking about these things", he ended with a mumble, looking down at his lap.

Seokjin looked at him for a few moments, as if trying to solve some difficult math equation.

"But you asked the question...?"

"Yeah, because I'm terrible at starting conversations", he sighed, running a hand through his hair, "I'm sorry, you gave me an opportunity to ask you things and I just... I'm dumb, sorry."

A hand gently came to hold his. He looked only to see Jin sitting in front of him on his knees. The man removed his hand from his face.

"You're not dumb. We're all awkward or bad at some things, that doesn't make us stupid or dumb. So what if you are bad at starting conversations, look at me, I cannot even pour some liquid without my hands shaking like crazy."

Jungkook smiled, grateful, but he didn't appreciate Jin's words.

"Your hands don't shake as often as you are making it sound. Besides, I don't really think you have any control over it?" He said it as a statement but somehow it came out as a question.