Day 7: The Date (Pt 2)

"How about we go shopping now?"

They were done with the breakfast and when Seokjin looked up at the small clock of the cafe, it showed 10:00am.

Have we really been talking for more than 2 hours?

"Yes."

Seokjin's eyes widened, blush high on his cheeks.

"I- I didn't mean to say it out loud", he whispered, eyes downcast, "Sorry..."

Jungkook wiped his mouth with a napkin, hiding his smile behind it.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. I'm also surprised we talked that long, I'm really bad at holding conversations."

Seokjin slightly frowned, raising his head, "That's not true. You did most of the talking while I just... tried to answer."

Jungkook bit his lips, trying to suppress his grin. It was true.

Jungkook had asked him a lot of things today, small, insignificant things, but a lot.

What's your favourite colour?

What do you enjoy eating?

Hoodies or cardigans?

You look cute when you pout.

He had been really talkative which was unusual but something about the way Seokjin was unsure of his words made him want to comfort the cat.

"Your answers were really cute", he winked.

Say "just like you", say IT!

Jungkook ignored the voice in his head that sounded suspiciously like Eunhee.

"You're cute."

Jungkook blinked once, twice.

Did I say that?

Hint: no.

Seokjin was blushing red, ears wildly twitching.

"Did... Did you just called me cute?"

The teen asked, surprised to the point of having his mouth hanging open.

"Forget that! I j-just spoke without think, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable! It's just you have this cute bunny smile and- I'm not saying you're a bunny! But your smile is like one... Not that I have seen a bunny smile but- oh my god I'll shut up."

Jungkook sat there, speechless. He could feel his face heating up, pink dusting his cheeks.

But the way Seokjin worried his lip between his teeth, fingers twisting around one lone string of crop top, he cannot help but tease him further.

"If you think I'm like a bunny... Are you saying that you want to eat me?"

He mentally facepalmed.

Seriously?! That's your pick up line?!

Okay, screw Jeon Jungkook for using that pathetic excuse of a pick up line but he's a closeted gay who has zero (0) experience of dating a guy, he's allowed a few shitty attempts at flirting thank you very much.

"No! I don't..."

Seokjin whined cutely, hiding his face behind his hands. Jungkook giggled at this, enjoying the way pink spread to his tummy.

Cute!!

"Let's go shopping..." The hybrid finally whispered, defeated. Jungkook nodded as he smiled, getting up from the seat.