Day 6

Today was the day.

Jungkook looked at himself in the mirror, smoothening out the few wrinkles on his suit.

"Make sure you make a good impression."

He took a deep breath, willing his heart to calm down.

"Do not let us down, this connection can help your family in the future."

He breathed in deeply through his nose. Jimin had told him that it helped to breath from your belly rather than your chest.

"I hope you know that family comes before your own preferences. We have done so much for you, you should be grateful."

He clenched his fist, anger bubbling up inside of him.

"I have no right to feel anything towards you."

His eyes snapped open as the picture of Jin's cold face went through his mind.

No no, I have to be calm.

"Sir, your mother is calling."

His gaze turned towards the bedroom door, frustration coursing through his veins.

He's not responsible for any of this, do not hurt him.

"Okay", he whispered, throat choking up. Whether it was from anger or fear, he didn't know.

His mother's words ringed in his mind. Her persistence, her voice...

It wasn't uncommon for the kids of businessmen to marry each other, but Jungkook had never feared that he might be forced to marry.

No until two days ago.

"Our alliance can be powerful, Jungkook. Don't mess this up."

He turned the knob slowly, trying to delay the inevitable. Seokjin sat on the couch, writing swiftly on a paper.

"Where's my phone?"

The sound made Jin jump up slightly, his cat ears twitching. Jungkook let himself smile a little at the action, his heart filled with affection.

"Oh, yeah", the hybrid whispered, handing the smartphone to his owner, "She has called twice-"

The ringing interrupted Jin's words, "Mother" flashing on the screen.

"Hello", he greeted softly, picking up at phone.

"Are you ready yet? Shouldn't you be driving?"

He took another breath, slow and deep.

"No, mother. I just got ready and was heading-"

"Hurry up! Jungkook, I love you but please, this is important."

He knew how important it was, everything that could help their parents expand their empire was always more important than their own blood.

"I know mother."

He could feel Seokjin's gaze on him, could see the swish of a dark purple tail. It made him feel slightly better.

"You are smart, Jungkook, and I know you will do what you have to. It may seem that I'm being strict but I'm doing this for you only."

No, no you're doing this for YOUR benefit, he screamed in his mind but dare not voice it.

"I know mother", he repeated in a monotone.

Seokjin really looked worried, having never seen the boy so unsure and scared. The way Jungkook held the phone tightly, biting his lips every other second, breathing in deeply every few minutes... the cat was concerned.