Week 4 (Pt. 2)

I should let Hyung know about this, Jungkook thought, making his way to the living room.

He stopped in his tracks though when he saw the hybrid lounging on their couch, a sweet smile on his face.

But his footsteps weren't quiet enough and Seokjin jerked away from his phone, "J-Jungkook?"

"Um yeah", he mumbled, frowning, "everything okay?"

Jungkook didn't miss the way Seokjin quickly turned off his phone, hiding it behind him, "Nothing! Do you want some tea? I bought some Assam tea leaves, it's really good!"

Jungkook smiled tightly, understanding that it was a lame attempt at deflection.

"Sure, but before that", he walked around the couch, "Eunhee Noona invited us for a double date!"

Seokjin's face fell quickly at his words and he wasn't able to hide it quick enough.

"You don't have to agree if you don't want to", Jungkook rushed to reassure him, "It's just that she wanted to-"

"It's okay, I agree", Seokjin tried to smile but he wasn't sure if it seemed genuine, "So it'll you, Noona, me and...?"

"I actually don't know yet but she'll be someone cool! Noona will make sure you're comfortable around her!"

A "she" huh. Would have preferred a man but sure.

"Eunhee Noona seems really... nice", Seokjin muttered, bitterness seeping in his words.

But Jungkook was too excited to notice that, "Yes! I'm so comfortable around her and Yoongi Hyung. And she's really good to me, helps me a lot."

"Guess you really like her. And in such a short amount of time too", Seokjin whispered, feeling sad for some reason. Why am I being so bitter about this?

"You can say that", Jungkook said dreamily, thinking back to the abundant ideas she gave him to impress his cute kitty, "But you also came to like me in a short time too, right?"

More than you realize, Seokjin thought but what he ended up saying was, "Cats don't like monkeys."

"Oh come on, you love me", Jungkook cheekily grinned, shifting closer, "Besides, you said I'm as handsome as a lion. And cats love lions."

"Dunno about others but the only lion I love is Namjoon hyung", Seokjin laughed, trying to ignore the pain in his chest.

Jungkook's smile flattered at the comment.

"Were you talking to him, just now?"

Seokjin's face turned red so quick, Jungkook would have cooed if the reason was him and not some other man.

"Uh yeah", he said, before clearing his throat, "We were discussing some things."

"Namjoon Hyung is really special to you", Jungkook lightly said. Seokjin would have seen jealousy and sadness  in his eyes if wasn't busy staring at his hands.

"Yes. He's... he's very important to me."

Jungkook knew he didn't love Seokjin yet but the way he felt his heart hurting at hearing those words, it seemed he liked Jin more than he realized.

"How long have you known him?" he shouldn't be asking question, at least for the well being of his heart, but Jungkook never denied of being a masochist.

"We've been together since we were babies", he replied, adoring look in his eyes.

Jungkook could fight with random crushes but childhood love?