Day 3

The day started as usual: Jungkook's alarm clock going off, making the younger moan and groan and whine at least 7 times before he got up, hair sticking in all directions

"Good morning", he yawned, coming out his room.

"Morning", someone whispered softly.

He rubbed at his eyes to get rid of the haze. Seokjin was standing near the glass window, cleaning it with a cloth.

"Had a nice sleep?" He asked conversationally.

"Mhmm."

The small reply made Jungkook look up. He was holding a large cup of tea that was placed in his room.

Seokjin's cheeks were rosy, the sunlight making everything so much more clear. His eyes were fixed on the window and his ears were bright-

Oh, ears.

"Had a nice bath, yesterday?" He teased, looking at Jin from the rim of his cup.

Delicious. I might marry him just for his teas.

"That's", Seokjin spluttered, blushing even more. Jungkook saw something move on top of his head. His ears, maybe? Does he keep them hidden there?

"I'm sorry... For what happened yesterday", he shyly apologized, head down, "I-I didn't know you came back at that tim-"

"It's okay, you didn't do anything wrong", Jungkook assured, not liking the submissive bow of his head.

It's been only two days but he could guess that Seokjin was a confident person. It didn't feel right to see him so helpless.

"But that was inappropriate", Seokjin mumbled, hands moving slowly over the glass.

Jungkook stared at him for a few moments, noticing how the small gem on his ring glinted in light. The reflected rays fell on his red lips in pattern, making it contrast against his bright face.

"We can make it even", he suggested, not even thinking over his words.

Seokjin frowned, trying to understand his words. He slowly turned to Jungkook, realisation slowly dawning on his face.

But before Jungkook can even smirk to himself, the lock of their front door turned.

"Ah, you're awake", his mother said as a way of greeting. Jungkook stood straighter and Seokjin looked mildly scared, "But not ready. What have I told you about sleeping in?"

It was a holiday at his school and naturally, like every student, Jungkook didn't wake up early. But of course he cannot say that to his mom.

You want to be like other students? Will probably be her reply.

"Sorry ma'am, it was my responsibility to wake him up."

Both of them looked at the hybrid, Jungkook with surprise and his mother with anger.

"2 days and you cannot even do this properly? Maybe I should send you back if you're this incompetent."

Seokjin gulped in fear, his hands shaking.

"Mother, please! It's not his fault... I... He woke me up early but I went back to sleep again. He did his work on time."

Mrs. Jeon looked strictly at his son, trying to find the lie. But living with such parents have made Jungkook an expert at lying and so, his mother could only take a deep breath and look back at the hybrid.

"Do not take his kindness for granted", she reminded him, "I'll remove you the moment I see you slacking."

Seokjin curled under her gaze, nodding in acknowledgement.