Week 3 (Pt. 3)

Seokjin yawned softly as his eyes opened, the hybrid clearing his throat before he sat up.

"Morning sleepyhead", a voice called, making Seokjin look towards his door, "For some change, I tried making this coffee for you. Wanna drink?"

Jungkook stood by his door with a tray in hand, two steaming cups of coffee on them. His plain white shirt clinged to his body, slightly wet. Maybe he had just taken a bath? That would explain why he smelled like soap and vanilla, Seokjin's nose twitching at the pleasant smell. Jungkook always smelled so good, the cat just wanted to place his head on the hard chest as the human caressed his ears-

"Hyung?"

Seokjin's eyes snapped up (why were they down?) and blushed at the look the younger gave him.

"I know I look hot but the coffee", he smirked, showing Seokjin the tray, "is getting cold."

"Y-yeah", Seokjin stuttered, looking away and shifting a little back to make space, "Just keep mine here."

"Let's drink together, if you don't mind", Jungkook gently asked, smiling at the hybrid.

Seokjin looked him and down at the tray before raising his head again. He smiled, shy, "S-sure."

The permission was met by a wide grin and Jungkook carefully put the tray down by the bed before sitting, scooting closer to the cat.

"Here. I hope its drinkable."

Seokjin looked at the warm, brown liquid. The aroma was delicious and the little frothing Jungkook was able to get looked appetizing.

"It smells really good. I don't think the taste will be too bad", he observed and moved to take a sip.

Jungkook sat, frozen, as he watched the cat drink. He was curious to know his reaction but couldn't help when his eyes slowly wandered to the top of his head, the purple-black ears twitching. Was it a good sign?

"It's delicious!"

It was a good sign.

"Really? Please don't say it just to make me happy", he narrowed his eyes at Jin who narrowed his back, "Then take a sip if you don't believe me."

With both their eyes narrowed comically, Jungkook took a sip. He smacked his mouth after swallowing, licking his lips as if analyzing the taste.

"It's good", he whispered, voice suspicious and eyes still very narrowed.

They sat there for a while before Seokjin broke out in a laughter, throwing his head back as he lost control of his body.

"Don't.. Do that... I'll spill my coffee!" he scolded, his windshield laughter mixing with Jungkook's chuckle.

"I'm not doing anything! You started this stupid eye thing!" he fought back though he could not hide the softness in his eyes as he saw the cat laugh. His laughter was so unique to the younger, who just wanted to listen it day and night.

That's a little creepy, he admitted to himself, But it's just so cute!

"You got crow's feet", Jungkook said after they had both calmed down and, thankfully, no coffee was spilled.

"Huh? No, I have human feet", Seokjin frowned, taking his legs out of the blankets as if to make sure his feet didn't transform when he was sleeping.

"Ah no no, crow's feet refers to the laugh lines around someone's eyes", Jungkook explained, eyes fond at Seokjin's innocence.

"Oh... I didn't know that. Sorry."

Jungkook didn't like the way his Hyung ducked his head, eyes looking down in shame.

"Hey, there's nothing to be ashamed of. You don't know one expression, that's fine. It's not the end of the world", he softly said, putting his hand on the elder's shoulder.

Seokjin smiled as strong hand massaged his muscles before he came back to himself and bit his lips.

"Um thank you. It's just... I feel so stupid because I don't know a lot of things."

Jungkook could see that he wasn't just talking about the expression and as much as he wanted to leave him and resume their silly talk, he also didn't want to regret not asking Jin this question.

"Did you not complete your education?"

Seokjin kept looking at his blankets, fingers picking at his frayed sweater. The weather was colder now and so he had taken to wearing his old woolen clothes.

Those don't look warm, Jungkook thought as he studied the thin, faded piece of clothing.

"I studied till the first year of high school, that's it", Seokjin spoke after a while, his voice almost surprising the younger.

"Your company didn't let you complete?"

"I... I came to the company just three years ago, after my first year. They didn't want me to continue."

He provided no further explanation and quietly sipped his coffee. Jungkook had too many questions.

Where did lived?

Was he forced to join the company?

Was he thrown out of his house?

Where did he lived before?

But he didn't voice any of them, afraid of scraping some old wounds.

"If you want, you can read some of my books. Or better, learn things from the internet. I can show you how. Many people complete their education way later, it's not a big deal."

Seokjin smiled kindly at Jungkook's attempt to better his mood and it would be a lie to say that the younger's care and worry for him didn't melt his heart.

"Thank you for the offer Kook, I'll take you up on that."

"You'll take my son up on what, hybrid?"

Dun dun dun

I didn't mean to make this a cliffhanger butttttttt I was feeling sadist :)

Wait till tomorrow to see what chaos will befall Jinkook~

If you liked this short one, do follow and vote! And bye bye for now 👋

- Dew