17: Over Protective Ex

~EMILY POV~

Seeing those kids playing around near the UNV programmed camp site make me want to approach them. All the activities that we had listed for this UNV would be easy to conduct if I could get close to the local first. Leaving the rest of the medical team resting below the big tree, I take the medical vest and walk towards them.

Walking, and at the same time trying to wear the vest. Just as I walk towards the kids, I bump into someone that shows up out of nowhere.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry.." I say, still in shocks looking at the middle age man. He pick up my vest which make me feel more sorry.

"Thank you, and I am really sorry.." I say while giving him an awkward smile. He also smile back at me. Something about that smile seems so familiar to me, but I really can't figure out why.

"It's okay young lady.." He reply, still smiling. There were three guys behind of him with their serious face looking at us. I can't help but to think that these guys are this man's bodyguard or something. Is he a politician??

Just as I busy talking in my mind, someone grab my wrist from behind. I gasp a little. "Jayden??"

"Stay behind me.." He say, not even looking at me. He keep me behind his back, with his hand still holding my wrist. That three guys that I assume to be the old man's bodyguard also taking a few steps forward, standing close to that old man, or more like protecting him from any possible attack from Jayden. What the hell is happening right now??

"What the hell are you doing in here??" Jayden's stern voice suddenly speak up.

"Whoah.. relax captain.. I am not looking for trouble here.." That old man reply, laughing a little.

"I was just in the middle of getting to know that young beautiful doctor right there.." He look at me with his smirks, which make Jayden's hold on my wrist become more tight. I just stand behind of him in silent.

Suddenly Jayden let out a little sarcastic laugh. "You really have a death wish aren't you??"

"What? A death wish??" That old man laugh. A damn hard laugh. His three man just stand beside of him in silent, like they were some kind of machine that have no feelings at all. I become more nervous when Jayden also join him, laughing.

What are they doing?? A laughing battle?? Jayden let out a sarcastic laugh again. After about a few seconds laughing while giving a death glare to each other, both of them suddenly stop.

"Ho, you do know that I can easily kills you right here at this place don't you??"

"And yet here I am still alive.." That old man reply, laughing.

I can see Jayden's veins popping out, like he's trying to control his anger. I can't help but to think that there is something holding him. If this man is dangerous, why can't Jayden just lock him up or something.

"You can't don't you Captain Walker?"

Just as Jayden want to take a step forward towards him, I hold his hand, tight. "Please don't..." I say, almost like whispering.

Whatever it is, I know that there must be something behind all of this. There must be a reason why Jayden can't take action towards this man. But this man which Jayden called Ho, is like provoking him to. Jayden look at me with a little smile on his face, trying to assure me that everything is okay.

"Oh look...poor that beautiful doctor.. You must've make her scared Captain Walker.." Ho says, looking at me.

"You better shut your mouth, or for fuck sakes I will," Jayden is cut off by one of Ho's man.