three.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked me as I sat on the ground of the jet, my head against the parachutes, which were quite soft, my eyes closed as I breathed to a soft rhythm

"Are you okay?" Steve asked me as I sat on the ground of the jet, my head against the parachutes, which were quite soft, my eyes closed as I breathed to a soft rhythm. He stood over me his blonde hair messy and a bit of dirt on his cheek.

"Yeah" I replied to him as he smiled down at me, taking a seat next to me, our shoulders touching. "Just haven't had a decent fight in a while, I'm a bit stiff" I told him with a smile, setting my head on his shoulder, staring at Bruce who was in a similar position as me, his headphones in as he listened to music to help calm him down, a pillow in his arms.

"I know how you feel, my swings a bit rusty" he jokingly told me, lifting his arm and pretending to stretch out his shoulder. "Shut up" I said using my elbow to nudge his arm, both of us laughing at each other as Nat shot us a look. "Sorry" I apologised as both of us stopped laughing, feeling as if it was a bit inappropriate in this current situation.

Tony day at the front of the jet in the pilot seat, his jeans and t-shirt contrasting all of our dirty mission suits. He was lucky that he wasn't wearing itchy polyester or clingy spandex, plus his suit was completely bullet proof while we all had to dodge bullets like rain drops.

"You're fault we got in trouble" I said as I nuzzled closer into Steve, closing my eyes again, suddenly getting extremely tired from all the fighting I did today. "How's the house hunt going?" I asked him, feeling his shoulder relax as he laid his head back against the parachutes. "I want to go back to Brooklyn, but everything's either a dump or way out of my price range" He said quietly, and I didn't need to look at him to know that he also had his eyes closed.

"I didn't get paid as much as you did" He said to me, causing me to chuckle at him. "Thor, report on the Hulk?" Natasha asked, now sitting across from Bruce, everyone in the plane turning towards the god as he laughed, rubbing his hands together. "The gates of Hell are filled with the screams of his victims" he said with a loud laugh, Bruce groaning and placing his head in his hands. Thor immediately stopped laughing, looking over at me as I took my head off of Steve's shoulder shaking my head at him.

"Uh, but, not the screams of the dead, of course. No no, uh, wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, and um, and gout" Thro backtracked as quickly as possible, rubbing his lips together as he sat back down on his chair, looking away from all of us. I sighed, shaking my head as Tony started fake snoring.

"Anyway, Banner, Dr. Cho's on her way in from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" He asked Bruce, the built in JARVIS obviously swapping between here and Avengers tower. "Uh, yeah, she knows her way around" Bruce replied as he looked back up at us all. "JARVIS Tell her to prep everything, Barton's gonna need the full treatment" Tony said to the AI as he sighed in his seat. "JARVIS, take the wheel" he said as he let go of the controls, none of us freaking out as he stood up, turning to all of us.

"Yes, sir. Approach vector is locked" JARVIS replied as Tony walked to the main body of the jet, looking at the case that has the sceptre safe inside of it. "It feels good, yeah? I mean, we've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties" Tony said as he pushed his hands into his jean pockets, smiling at us all in glee.

"No, but this brings it to a close" Thor said with another laugh, walking over to Tony and clapping him on the back a few times. "As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons" Steve said as everyone turned to look at him, me included. "Yeah, since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?" I added, turning back and around and looking up at Tony.

"Banner and I'll give it the once before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you?" Tony asked Thor, who nodded his head, his blonde hair swaying with his movement. "I mean, just a few days until the farewell party. You're staying, right?" he asked him, holding his hands out. "Yes, yes, of course. A victory should be honored with revels" Thor said with another laugh, Tony nodding his head with a grin and looking down at me.

"You're staying too right?" he asked me, causing me to sigh, his smile dropping off of his face. "You can't leave, we need to celebrate this victory" he added as I stared back at him, both of us seeming to think this was a staring contest. "C'mon Cap, tell her" Tony said as he turned to Steve, pointing at me as Steve shrugged his shoulders.

"Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and HYDRA, so why not have a little party?"

——

A/N: one thing i'm really trying to do this book is find new Gifs and make them more applicable to the chapter, because I used to just put random gifs at the beginning but it was getting a bit old honestly
anyway I have nothing else to say so bye

A/N: one thing i'm really trying to do this book is find new Gifs and make them more applicable to the chapter, because I used to just put random gifs at the beginning but it was getting a bit old honestly anyway I have nothing else to say so bye