twenty.

"Ally, you okay?" I heard someone say to me, causing me to sit up sharply, throwing my hand to my neck, and feeling around but nothing abnormal causing me to panic, my eyes darting around the setting I was in, the soft mattress no longer beneath me

"Shit" I said, my hand continuing to feel my neck to make sure I was okay, my hand then subconsciously falling on top of my stomach, which was completely flat and like normal. "Are you okay?" Steve asked me as I was now lying on the floor of the Quinjet. "No" I said without thinking, stuttering on my words as I rubbed my lips together, his eyes laced with concern for me due to my answer.

"I mean yeah, yeah I'm fine" I said, continuing to look around as Steve watched my intently. Bruce was sitting in one of the chairs, his headphones in and his eyes closed, something he commonly did after being the Hulk, which I didn't know he had to do for this mission, so something had to be wrong. Natasha laid over multiple seats, still blacked out, her hand fallen off of the seat and sitting on the floor as her red hair was sprawled out around her.

Tony and Thor looked just as distressed as I did, holding in all their emotions as they sat in seats leaving against the walls of the jet. "Are you okay?" I asked Steve, turning back to him, knowing he probably got out under mind control as well. "Yeah, always" he said, leaning back against the chair behind him, which I also did, shifting so that I was sitting next to him. "Did you-" I started to ask, knowing he wasn't okay, not wanting to finish the sentence.

"Yeah" he replied sharply, closing his eyes and tilting his head back, neither of us talking for a moment. "Did you?" he asked me back, already knowing the answer, without me having to answer but still asking the question for some reason. I nodded my head, looking to see who was flying the plane. "You not have your mind messed with?" I asked Clint, who seemed to be functioning perfectly well, or at least i'm hoping he was because he was flying the quinjet.

"Nope, i've been through the whole mind control thing before" he send pumping his fist in the air in mock achievement, managing to over power the witch. "You want to talk about it?" I asked Steve, noticing he still had his eyes closed. "It was Peggy" he whispered, opening his eyes but still keeping his head tilted back.

"What happened?" I asked quietly, clearly being private information. "The war was over, we finally got that dance" he said, a hint of a smile on his face which he clearly wasn't welcoming, knowing it was inappropriate. "Mines was Bucky" I said looking down at my hands as i picked at my nail beds. "We had a daughter" I breathed, causing Steve to look over at me.

"Was he not-" he started, not being able to finish before I interrupted. "No" I said, shaking my head lightly as I rubbed my lips together and biting down on my bottom lip. I took a deep breath in through my nose, letting it out of my mouth slowly. "No arm, no nothing" I said, Steve grabbing my hand in his and wrapping his fingers over mines, rubbing his thumb on the back of my hand.

"I'm fine" I said once again, looking up at him. He nodded his head at me as I laid my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes and swallowing the lump that was behind held in my throat for some reason. "Where are we going?" I asked him, feeling like we had been flying for a while. "No idea" he replied to me as I took my head off of his shoulder, leaning forward and looking at the back of Clint's head.

"Clint? Where are you going?" I asked him, leaning forward a little bit. "Safe house" he replied, not saying anymore as I nodded my head at him even though he couldn't see me. "Is it-?" I started asking, knowing exactly what he was thinking. "Yeah" He replied, I nodded my head in response, knowing he couldn't hear my confirmation.

"Is it what?" Steve asked me quietly, his brow furrowed in confusion of that just happened.
"Nothing" I said quietly, putting my head back on his shoulder, closing my eyes lightly, todays whole ordeal making me way too tired to stay awake for this whole plane ride to Iowa.

——

A/N: Sorry for not uploading yesterday, but technically to someone who isn't from the same time zone as me, it may still be yesterday for you!
please vote and comment and I will see you soon

A/N: Sorry for not uploading yesterday, but technically to someone who isn't from the same time zone as me, it may still be yesterday for you! please vote and comment and I will see you soon