thirty-two.

I walked out of my prep room, my heavy duty mission suit on, my jacket still unclipped as I held my batons in one hand and a pair of boots in the other

I walked out of my prep room, my heavy duty mission suit on, my jacket still unclipped as I held my batons in one hand and a pair of boots in the other. My hair was in a single braid which fell down my neck, my shoes clapping on the clean floors as I walked looked down the hall of doors towards the sliding doors which led to the jet that was being prepared for us to take to Sokovia.

I knocked on the door across from mines, hearing someone shout their permission for me to enter as I pushed open the door, Wanda standing in front of the mirror, looking at herself in my black dress and red leather jacket, turning to look at me as I entered. "I have some boots you can borrow, they should hold up just fine" I said as she walked towards me with a small smile, taking them from me as she sat down on the bench, pushing her feet into them. "Thank you for the clothes" she said to me as she laced up my boots, looking up at me and nodding her head in gratitude.

"No problem, they look better on you anyway" I said as I leaned against the open door, Pietro showing up next to me, looking over at his sister. I looked over at him to see him in the grey shirt he was wearing, which I hoped was enough to keep up with the high speeds he was running at. "Are you all set?" I asked him as he nodded his head slightly, his lips in a straight line as I continued to look at him as he finally made eye contact with me. "My shoes" he said as he looked down at his sneakers which were worn out, a sad smile on my face as I nodded my head, moving past him and back into the hall, leaving him alone with his sister.

I walked down the hall a little, knocking on a door once before barging in, Steve standing in front of his arsenal cupboard as he looked at the guns which were at his disposal, not that he ever used them. "Hey" he said as I let the door close behind me, the super soldier turning to face me as he set his hands on his belt. "What size are your feet?" I asked him as he scrunched his eyebrows at me, almost asking why without having to actually ask me. "10" he replied, a small smirk falling on my face.

"Interesting" I said as I walked over to the open doored locker, grabbing a pair of the brand new pair of sneakers as I smiled. "What?" he asked me curiously as I turned back to face him, holding the shoes by my side. "Nothing" I said quickly, still smiling as he looked at me confused, which made me even more amused. "What are you smiling at?" he asked me as I opened the door, holding it open as I turned back to look at him with raised eyebrow.

"Maybe one day when you're older I'll explain" I said to him before leaving the room, letting the door close behind me as I walked back over to Wanda's room, opening the door and holding the shoes out to Pietro who smiled at me, taking them from me and pushing his old shoes of, slipping his feet into the new ones. "Do they fit?" I asked him as he nodded his head, standing up as Wanda followed suit, Pietro moving from foot to foot. "Like a glove" he told me as I smiled at the pair, nodding my head towards the hall as I left the room, walking down the hall as I heard them following me.

I swapped my batons over into my other hand, the sliding doors opening as I walked outside on the path, the night air of New York surrounding us as car horns blared in the background. I walked onto the jet, Clint sitting in a chair at the side as he held his bow in his hand, using a cloth to clean it as he looked up at us entering the jet before going back to his cleaning. "You guys can just sit down, wait for the other guys to come and we can get going" I told them with a shy smile as they nodded their head, sitting on the other side of the plane as I sat next to Clint, grabbing one of his around from the quill that was leaning against the seats, looking it over in my hand.

"You got through to Nat then?" I asked him as he nodded his head, both of us sitting not talk to one another as a few beats passed. "She could be dead in a cage and we are still sitting here" Clint said as he put his bow down on the ground, looking over at me as I rubbed my lips together, trying to figure out what to say. "She's not, she knows what she's doing" I reassured him, Steve walking up onto the jet as Tony followed after him, still in his normal clothes as he pushed on pair of sunglasses, walking up into the jet.

"No way we all get through this. If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. It's gonna be blood on the floor" Tony said as they made their way into the jet, all of us stopped talking as we stood as a group, briefing for the mission. "I've got no plans tomorrow night" I said as Tony pulled his sunglasses off, holding them in his hand as the Vision walked onto the ramp, standing at the opening. "I get first crack at the big guy, Iron Man's the one he's waiting for" Tony said as I looked away from him and stared at the other end of the jet. "That's true, he hates you the most" the Vision said as Tony looked around at him, shaking his head as he scrunched his nose, confused on why he would tell him that.

"Ultron knows we're coming, odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire and that's what we signed up for" Steve said as he stood there heroically, setting his hands in his hips for the classic inspirational speech we always received. "But the people of Sokovia didn't, our priority is to get them out without harm" I added, everyone nodding their heads, agreeing with me. "All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today, but we can do our best to protect them" Steve finished for me. I leaned forward, setting my elbows on my knees as I breathed deeply, letting it go silently to avoid a scolding for interrupting Steve.

"We can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world" He said as Tony nodded his head, walking forward to the front of the jet and sitting down, typing on the screens to get the autopilot up and running, as none of us felt like flying the thing and it would be quite an easy and smooth flight over to the eastern European country.

"This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right"

——

A/N: hey guys, here's another chapter for you
i've not got much to say this time so I hope you guys enjoyed this part and I will see you soon, make sure you vote and comment

A/N: hey guys, here's another chapter for you i've not got much to say this time so I hope you guys enjoyed this part and I will see you soon, make sure you vote and comment