thirty-nine.

We landed on the smooth tarmac of the hellicarrier as I saw Natasha looking at the boat, letting out a sigh of relief as she saw me

We landed on the smooth tarmac of the hellicarrier as I saw Natasha looking at the boat, letting out a sigh of relief as she saw me. The jets powered off as I unbuckled my seatbelt, pulling my arms out of the straps before hopping over the side and running past all the medics and helpers that were walking towards the boat, ready to help anyone on board who was badly injured or needing assistance.

"Ally" she breathed out to me as she ran into my arms, the gentle embrace flooding me with relief that she managed to get out of the city safely. "Are you hurt?" she asked me, pulling out of the hug, as I pushed my hair behind me ears, first and rubble covering me from head to toe. "No I'm fine, I got out just in time" I told her as she nodded her head, hugging me once again quickly as she looked back into the hellicarrier, the doors opening as a man came out, carrying a box full of body bags.

"Alyona Ivankova, i will mark you as found" a man in coveralls said, making his way over to us as he wrote something on the clipboard. "What are you doing?" I asked him as he looked up at the ship that had people coming off of it, not turning back to face me. "I have a sheet with everyone's names on it, so that when new ships come in and they ask about someone I can tell them if they are here or not" he told me as I nodded my head, familiar with the practise of damage control.

"It makes everything a bit easier" he told me before walking away towards the ship I just came off of, people starting to make their way off it, still rather scared for their lives. "Who's idea what that?" I asked Natasha as she shrugged her shoulders, scratching the corner of her mouth. "Fury, I'm guessing, I haven't been inside yet" she told me as I nodded my head.

"Was Clint of your ship?" I asked her as she shook her head, looking past me as another safety boat landed, more medics from behind us running towards it as it powered down, the turbines retracting in on themselves. "I didn't get on a ship, Bruce helped me over" she said with a sad look on her face as her breathing, hitched causing me to turn around to see Clint walking towards us slowly, covered in blood and dirt.

A limp and lifeless Pietro in his arms.

"Holy shit" I said as I ran over to him, Clint staring as the floor as he stopped in his tracks making eye contact with us as he shook his head, kneeling on the floor, putting Pietro on the tarmac as Clint bowed his head, Natasha and I standing on the other side of the speedster as a medic ran up from behind us with a stretcher. I held my hand out to him as he stopped, holding the stretcher where he was as I kneeled down, looking down at Pietro's body.

There was gunshots covering his abdomen, blood slowly oozing out of them slowly, most of them already free from all of the blood, the bullet probably clogging up the rest of it. "What happened?" Natasha asked quietly as she kneeled down next to me, setting her hand on her stomach as she stared down at the silver haired boy that lay dead in front of us. "He got hit, saved me and this little boy" Clint told me as I let out a breath, looking over at the man with the stretcher as I nodded my head at him, indicating that he could come over.

"Let's get him inside, Wanda will want to see him" I told him as the man lowered the stretcher, Clint picking Pietro up and setting him on the gurney before the man wheeled him inside, the three of us following him. "Take him to west medical room, make sure you put him there personally" I told the man as he nodded his head, taking a right to follow my instructions as we walked to the bridge, Fury standing in his regular position as he looked down at his screens.

"Where did you even get this thing from?" I asked as I made my way to the lower bridge, looking at Maria who was stood behind her podium, looking up at me as I unzipped my jacket, pulling my arms out of it. I stood there in my black T-shirt which was tucked into my pants as she shrugged her shoulders, looking up out the window as Rhodey flew past. "Out of the archives" she told me as I nodded my head, pulling the barton's off of my jacket and holding them in one hand, draping my jacket over the back of a chair which was behind me. "I thought these things got destroyed?" I asked her as she smirked to herself, shaking her head as I noticed a cut on the back of her hand which looked pretty carefully.

"Obviously not" she replied jokingly as the whole hellicarrier shook, causing Fury to turn around from talking to Natasha. "What the hell was that?" he asked as I turned around to look at him, an alarm going off as a red light flashed, everyone typing to figure out what had just happened. "There's no external damage, sir" someone replied as he started swiping things on his screens in front of him. "It was a shock wave" Maria said from beside me as I watched people's screens as they screened for damage.

"From what?" he asked as I turned around, looking out the window as my mouth parted slightly. "From that" I told him as he looked out the window, everyone staring as the flying city that was once holding peoples homes now up in a massive ball of flames, parts of it breaking off as it sped towards the ground. "Oh my god" I breathed out as I moved towards the window, watching as they fell on top of the remainder of the city which was still securely on the ground below, total destruction sweeping over the once calm country of Sokovia.

——

A/N: here's a mellow chapter after the last chapter I put you through
to me the battle of sokovia wasn't {the most exciting} fight scene so these chapters have been super difficult for me to write lol
please vote and comment and i will see you soon

A/N: here's a mellow chapter after the last chapter I put you throughto me the battle of sokovia wasn't {the most exciting} fight scene so these chapters have been super difficult for me to write lol please vote and comment and i will see you soon