iii. The Greenhouse

☠ 

☠ 

      HERBOLOGY ALWAYS is relaxing to Judy when the spirits give her headaches, when she suffers from nightmares, it's always been there to relax her. The smell of soil and flowers always somehow manages to bring her peace, so Tuesday and Wednesday are always her favorite day since it's Herbology day. Today was Tuesday the first week of school, her last period of the day she planned on staying after helping Professor Sprout with a few things and convincing her to start her own little garden in the greenhouse. Judy walks towards the green house with a smile singing a song quite happy to see the Greenhouse after being apart from it for so long.

       She always early to this class, it's really the only class she really really cares about. She walks and takes a deep breath she sits down her backpack right next to her close. Percy Weasley walks in moments later, his eyes set on her and he could already see that he's annoyed by her. He takes a seat next to her side eyeing her and all Judy does is look straight forward. "How are you today?" He asks.

     "Good, how are you?" She hums back to him.

     "Just lovely," But his tone didn't sound to lovely to her. "So, Hogwarts has a new pair of ghosts?"

     That was an odd question. "Yes, they do."

    "You seem very well aquatinted with them." Says Percy.

    Judy chuckles. "Were you watching me talk to ghosts?"

    "No." He says harshly. "I've just witnessed you talking to many ghosts before. Besides, I've heard you have."

     "Really from who?" She asked.

    "You know you ask a lot of questions." Percy said hotly.

    "I could say the same for you Percy." As soon as their eyes meet she feels her body heat up from the closeness and the contact. She looks away and moves her chair slightly away from her luckily, people start to rush in his eyes still on her and he looks away with a tint of red on his cheeks.

     "Good morning class!" Professor Sprout shouts.

    "Morning Professor." They mumble back to her.

    "Well you all seem very excited..."

»»————- ☠ ————-««

        Just like she promised Judy stayed after class tending to the plants watering them, planting them. "Judy, why don't you go dinner's almost going to start."

    She shakes her head. "I'm alright Professor. I think I filled myself a bit too much at lunch and breakfast." She purposely did so, so she didn't feel awkward by herself at the dinner table.

"You shouldn't be filling yourself up, you should always save up for dinner." Professor Sprout scolds her. Judy tries not to roll her eyes and only smiles at Professor Sprout as she smooths the soil since Professor gave her permission to plant her own little garden. So she decides to plant some Violet's and Jonquils, her favorite flowers by far she's planted probably thousands of them in her lifetime so far.

     Judy hums as she walks around planting all the fliers that were just about to bloom. "Ah! Mr Weasley what brings you here today?"

    She doesn't even bother to turn around since what was the point anyways? She's never really acknowledge him so why should she care? At the same time she wondered why it made her stomach flutter with butterfly's and not in a good way. "Evening Professor Sprout, I just came to get some extra help I didn't really have a good understanding on today's lesson."

       She lets out a snort catching Percy's attention quickly. "Hello Garber." He says to her flatly. Judy turns around and gives him a small smile walking away.

     "Well, Judy is the top of the class."

    "I'm very aware." Percy grins more like him clenching his teeth together at Professors mention of Judy being top of the Herbology class either than Percy.

    "You two are friends right?"

    "Right." They say in sync unenthusiastically.

    "You could always ask her for help."

   "I could, but I'd rather get someone that's a professional." Says Percy. Judy rolls her eyes and goes back to watering the plants, how stuck up can one be? she thinks to herself. While, Percy has his conversation with Professor Sprout, it seemed like he was trying to change her teaching method which made Judy want to scoff as loudly as she can. She puts her bag over her shoulder and walks out of the Greenhouse, on the way to the Ravenclaw table she feels something tug on her hair and she turns around staring at the little boy that has been messing with her since her first year.

      "Jeffrey..." She crosses her arms. "You should really change up your pranks, I expect the same ones every year."

       Jeffrey Mendoza has been haunting the castles for quite awhile. He died during the 1950's as a Hogwarts student and he chooses to not be seen since he finds joy missing with the Hogwarts students. He was a Slytherin after all, usually they liked to be mischievous. Thankfully,  no one was around to witness her talking to Jeffrey. There was a point in time where she publicly talked to ghosts, before they started calling her a freak. "Ooo, nice Jude, expect something very scary." He says backing up into a wall.

     "Always a pleasure Jeffrey." She sighs, then see's Percy staring at her baffled.

     "What were you—?"

     "Jeffrey Mendoza. The boy that's been playing tricks on us since first year."

    "You were talking to no one!" Percy exclaims.

   "That's because, he doesn't want to be seen Percy. Jeffrey has chosen the life of being a silly spirit, a mischievous one. As someone who seems to know everything, it turns out you don't know a lot of things." She walks a way with a grin on her face.

     "You know I'm a prefect right?!" Percy shouts.

    "Yes Percy, you've made that very clear I can see the prefect badge from miles away!" She laughs at how Percy thinks being a Prefect could scare her. Please, she's freed demonic spirits from coming into Earth, she's not really afraid of a lot of things.

      And from afar Percy watches her again, curious.

»»————- ☠ ————-««