Toxic☣: 5

Riele...

     I walked into my room with the strange urge to lie on the cold tiled floor. So I stripped till I was in grey panties and my white crop top.

Trust me when you have a body as hot as mine you'd always want to show off.

Damn I'm hot and I know it.

My phone starts ringing and I know it's Ingrid calling.

"Go for Fox." I say the minute I answer the call.

"I've put men on Agnes, Nick's wife. She works at a publishing company, has Two kids; A six years old daughter,Stacy. and a ten years old son, Maxwell. They're homeschooled." Ingrid fills me in and I nod taking in the information.

"Good. Make those two bastards death look like an accident. Also I want you to keep an eye on Kane, I have a feeling he's stealing from me."

"And why do you think he's stealing from you?"

"I was going through the records and I noticed that the income Nixon brings is higher than that of Kane even though they both get the same amount of stocks. So i started thinking Nixon has been working for us for only a year and Kane has been with us for years so if we supply them the same amount why does Nixon bring in more green than Kane." I explained. "Put a man on Kane. I don't trust him."

"Okay." I heard her say but as I was about to end the call she stops me. "Fox....Please take your medication."

I nodded but then realised she couldn't see me. "Mhmm." I hummed and ended the call.
   Ingrid is the closest I have to a friend. She's also the only one who knows about my mental demons and reminds me to take my medication. I was born with alot of mental issues and it was easier when I was a kid because I had my family with me to help me with my battles but now I don't anymore so it's all taking a toll on me.

   I got up and walked into my closet. I slide the huge full length mirror aside which revealed the built in safe. It was big enough for two people to squeeze in. I punched in the code and pulled it open. On the small shelf by my right laid a small black box that contains my drugs. I grabbed it and headed out locking the vault as I leave.

   I pulled the injection out of the box and stared at the yellow liquid.

I so hate needles....

Groaning from annoyance I tilt my head to the side and pierced the needle in the skin of my neck draining all the yellow liquid into my system.
    It doesn't take long for me to lose consciousness. That's what it does, it helps me relax. It's like my brain shuts down completely. No nightmares, no demons. Nothing.

~

    Waking up is the hardest part because I have to face reality again. I have to remind myself that there's no one looking out for me.

It's just me.

My stomach growls angrily as a reminder of how hungry I am. I quickly got up and put on my thick socks that reach my knees and started for my dresser. I raked through the drawer and pulled out a cigarette and lit it. I stared at my figure in the mirror; my jet black hair was messy and standing in different corners. I groan and run a hand through my hair trying to arrange my hair. Only then did I realise I was still in my fitted crop top and panties so I pulled my black sweatshirt over my head passing my cigarette to my left hand I push my right hand into the sleeves then passed my cigarette into my right hand so I could wear my sweatshirt.  I didn't bother putting on my shorts and made my way downstairs, my cigarette still in between my fingers.

   I heard laughter coming from the living room as I dragged myself down the stairs.
Erin is the first to see me approaching them.

"You're finally awake. I thought you'd sleep the whole day." She says making Aria and Natalie look up at me. They where sitted on the ground around the coffee table playing monopoly.

I was about to ask if there's anything to eat when a masculine voice comes from behind me.

"Ok I'm- fuck!" He whispers the last part but I'm closer to his so I heard him. I turned around to see the stranger and I immediately regret not wearing pants.

I feel myself becoming mad. I remember telling them to give me a heads up if they were having male visitors. No guy has ever seen me like this before and I planned on keeping it that way but now everything was ruined. Carl's eyes remain on me and he finally met my eyes. I hold his gaze not letting his eyes wander anywhere else.

"I made it clear that I want to be informed before hand if any of you were having a male visitor." I say bitterly trying to control my anger.

Key word being try.

"Um...I'm sorry. It was a last minute decision. Besides, you were asleep." Natalie says from behind me since I was now facing Carl.

Shit! I hate it when my victims are right and I can't get angry at them without looking or sounding unreasonable! God I hate people! Now I can't remember where my cigarette Is! Argh!

I let out a sigh and took a sit at the foot of the stairs. "Why is he here?" I sighted my cigarette on the floor. I must have dropped it in shock. I reached for it but Carl beats me to it and steps on it crushing it.

Oh he did not......

I stare daggers at him but he doesn't falter under my stare.

"Um...Carl is staying here for at least two weeks until his condo is ready. Hope you don't mind?" Natalie says but I'm too distracted by the golden demons to care about the consequence of his presence.

I glance at the girls' hopeful faces before fixing my gaze back on Carl.
"Keep out of my room." I spat and made my way upstairs.

Urgh! I lost my appetite! I so hate people. Now I have to smoke weed to calm down.