Toxic☣: 6

Riele...

   I woke up in a small mess of drugs. The smell of weed and alcohol slaps me in the face.

Damn I feel sour.....

I quickly clean up my room and strip naked and I made my way to the shared bathroom. I had just finished brushing my teeth when my ears start  ringing and it's like there's a fire alarm going off in my head.

I'm not prepared for this....

My legs become jelly and can't hold me up any longer. I feel my naked self fall to the cold hard tile hitting my head on the toilet seat by accident.

Gunshots!

Screams!

That's all I heard. I see my father's body hit the ground as he struggled to survive and I watch my mother race to him crying. His eyes are on me as he takes his last breath. Someone grabs me from behind and I flinch.

"Don't worry Rie. It's just me." My big sister, Ciara says pulling me into a hug. "I want you to be a good girl and get on the plane. I'll be back." She thrust her purple backpack into my shaky hands and I grip it tightly. She pulls a gun out from under her sundress. "You'll be okay. I'll be back I promise."

If only that were true. I race for the plane and I hear two gunshots. I catch a glimpse of my mother's body fall to the ground but before I could see the second person that was shot I was pushed into the plane.

Images of my parents dead body kept flashing in my head.

I can't take it no more. I can't....breathe.

My vision becomes blurring and I can't hear anything going on around me. The door opens a blurry figure approaches me.

My head is spinning and the images of my family's death keep popping into my mind and I feel like I'm about to lose it.

The blurry image is saying something but I can't quite comprehend.

I feel them cover my naked body and pull me into their arms.
I want to speak and tell them to check my room for my medication but I can't.
I feel myself being lifted and before I could comprehend what was going on I was being carried to my room.
I totally blacked out after that.

~

    The Ache of my head brought me back to reality and As i woke my vision becomes clearer. I run my hands through my hair and face. I recognise my bed and bedroom immediately.

"You gave me quite a fright." I jerk when I heard the masculine voice.
There he was sitting in my basket chair that was hanging from the ceiling.
My eyes went to the bathroom door and the main door they were both locked.

Now not only has he seen me naked but he has also entered my room.
My eyes trailed back to Carl who has now left the basket chair to sit on my bed.

"The girls already left for uni. No one saw you but me."

He's the one who helped me. I started to speak but was stopped by my dry throat. Carl gives me a glass of water but I shake my head and grab the bottled water by my bedside and drank it all.
I cleared my throat before speaking. "I only drink bottled water." I said peeling the covers off my body revealing me in a shirt I don't quite recognise.
I drink bottled water only because no one can spike it without my knowledge. I also don't accept drinks from anyone.

"It's mine." He says answering my silent question. "What happened in there?"

"Aren't you suppose to be a doctor?" I asked tilting my head to the side.

He gives me a side smile. "Yes I am. I just want to know what triggered your attack."

"It doesn't need to be triggered. It just comes." I replied. Moving myself to the edge of the bed.

"Okay. But I believe every attack has a trigger do you mind telling me how you feel when it comes?"

"I'm not your patient so stop asking me questions." I snap running my fingers through my hair. "You helped me and I'm grateful for that. I'm fine as you can see, so now you can leave."

They won't understand even if they tried. No one gets it.

That's because you don't open up.

I hate it when my subconscious is right.
It suddenly hit me that maybe I could have been really hurt if he hadn't shown up.
My fingers reached for the back of head. I wasn't bleeding but it definitely hurt alot.

"Luckily you there wasn't a cut but you do have a slight concussion." Carl says from beside me still sitting on my bed. I don't look back at him but I feel his eyes on me.

  I sigh and make my way to my dresser with unsteady steps. I pull the little black box out from the open drawer then make my way back to my bed.
I pulled a 10ml syringe and drained the yellow liquid out from the small bottle and into the syringe. My dosage is suppose to be 5ml a day but I honestly don't care right now. I've been ditching my medications for so long that my attack this time was worst. Normally it was just shaking, breathlessness and then I sometimes pass out but this time it was worst.

  Taking a deep breath I tilt my head to the side and injected myself.
I crawled up the bed and got comfy. I did that purposely in front of Carl so that next time he'd know where to find it.
I slowly drifted from consciousness and into a dreamless deep sleep with the feel off fingers touching my hair soothingly and I know who it is.

Golden demon.....