TOXIC☣: 10

Riele...

    "Did you really have to cut his tongue out staple his lips together?" Carl asked with a disgusted look on his face.

We're currently sitting in the Van few blocks away from the safe house watching the security cameras of the safe house. Waiting for Micheal to send his team over to strike they think they have the element of surprise whereas I have their lives at my mercy. I have the element of surprise.
  My eyes doesn't  leave the screen when I reply.
"What do you think you signed up for when you decided to work for me?" I ask not really expecting him to answer which he doesn't so I continue.
"Welcome to my world...either You're with me or the victim and trust me. You do not want to be the Victim. But it's all choice."

"There are other ways to have tortured him-" he starts to speak again but I stop him.

"Considering the fact that you and your sister live under my roof I advise you shut up and don't question me." I say flatly.

"Is that a threat?" He questions and it pissed me off.

He doesn't see what's coming next as I swiftly grab Jack's gun and point it at Carl.
"I could easily get rid of you. Your life means nothing to me. I gave everyone of you a chance when no one else did. We all have one thing in common and that's revenge."
I point a finger to Ingrid.
"I helped her take down the ones who killed her Husband."
I point a finger to Jade.
"The moment i heard her name on the news. I wanted to know her story. I saved her from the NYPD helped her get rid of those who killed her family."

"It was really you." Jade says under her breath.

Then at Billy.
"I saw him at the bar drinking away his sorrows. I recognised the pain and wanted to know who hurt him so i helped him kill the robbers who took his wife and daughter from him."
Billy shifts his face to the ground at the memory.

Lastly, I point a finger at Jack. "He lost his parents in a car accident. All he had left was his little brother. They were caught in a cross fire and his brother was killed. I gave him all he needed to take the killers down."
I say my eyes never leaving Carl.
"Now you gotta understand that no one is looking out for us. That's why we have to stick together. We're not this way because we want to but because the world made us this way. Bad things happened and screwed us up." I leaned backwards in the leather seat Resting my back against the wall of the Van.
"Now...what's your story?"

Carl sighs turning to look at the others when he realises that everyone is expecting him to speak he sighs and starts talking.
"Dad was fucked up and abusive. Beat my mom to death and got away. I had to fend for my Little sister and myself. Joined an underground fighting circuit and beat people for money. things got out of hand and I wanted to leave. The boss threatened me and said if I leave I'd regret it. I ran away from the state with Natalie and pursued my dreams of becoming a doctor. I thought it was over but it wasn't. He found me and wanted me dead he had his gun pointed at me like you do now."
I lower the gun keeping my face blank.
"There was a gunshot and I wasn't sure who was shot. I opened my eyes and his dead body was at my feet with a hole at the back of his head. I looked up and saw Ingrid. I owed her my life and in return I work here now." He finishes and I turn to Ingrid.
She lied to me. It didn't slip her mind not to tell me. She knew I would be mad that's why she didn't tell me.
Carl doesn't belong with us. He doesn't share the same goal as the rest of us.

"Well I'm giving you a way out now." I say sternly.

Carl frowns.  "I didn't ask for a way out."
It was a simple test and he passed. I gave him a small smile.

"It looks like Newton is Dead." Jack says and we turn our attention back to the screen.
It does look like He's dead. I guess Micheal doesn't care so much about his son I guess.
I'm about to blow the building up when two black SUV pull up at the back. We watch as armed men pour out. I keep count and found out there's Seventeen of them including the getaway drivers.
"Turn the volume up." I say and Jack obeys. He turns on the speaker so we could hear them.
  The team make their way into the building and I don't see Micheal. Of course he wouldn't show up himself, he rather have others do the dirty work.
They split into three teams to raid the building. The first team end up finding Newton's naked dead body tied to a chair. I watch as their faces contorted in confusion.
One of them proceeded to make a call probably to Micheal.
   My eyes trail down to the screen as I watch the other camera. I see the second team kicking doors open and they end up finding the message that we left them on the wall. The word 'TRAP :)' written on the wall with Newton's very own blood. The smiley face was Jade's idea of fun and I liked it.

That was my cue to blow the place up. I push the big red button.
Oh how much I love destroying things. I thought.
I watch with a smile on my face as the place blows up killing everyone inside.

Now that that's done I decide we need to stay low.
I grab my mask and cloak putting them on.
I step out of the Van with the crew behind me. We go to the ruins and make sure that no one survives including the drivers. All are dead and accounted for which means no one had survived.
I turn to my crew.
"Leave town everyone. No one should know about your whereabouts. I'll call if something comes up." I say then turn to Ingrid who is frowning. She was already sad that she couldn't spend more time with her Son. I know how sad her Son would be feeling. I hate the feeling of guilt so I say.
"Move him out of there. Stay at my penthouse till I find a safe place for you guys." She smiles at me which makes the corner of my lips tug in a small smile.
"Now Micheal won't hesitate to track us down so move quick all of you."
"Follow me Carl." I command turning around making my way to my Mustang with Carl trailing behind me. He gets into the passenger seat just as I get into the driver's seat. I press the ignition button and the car roars to life. I quickly pull out of the dark alley and into the streets heading home.

  Carl grabs the AUX cord that I never knew I had and connected it to his phone playing loud rock music. I wince at how loud it is.
"Do you mind? I like to drive in silence." I say and he turns it off after telling me how boring I am.
   I frown at his words. I've never thought of myself as boring. I've never thought of myself as anything except broken and deep deep deep deep down inside me there was this weird feeling and I decide that I don't want this Golden demon to think I'm boring.