TOXIC☣: 8

Riele...

   " Get out." I say the minute we pull up at the house. I turn to Natalie who is still in the drivers seat frozen in Fear.
She turns to look at me with tear filled eyes.
She gets out of the car without a word and I drive my destroyed car to my warehouse.
When I get there the scanner scans my eyes before letting me in. Getting out of my car and grabbing all my necessary belongings from the car I push the self destruct button on my phone and it blows up.

   Whomever came after me knew I drove a range rover, they might even know who I am. I hate that I have no clue what they know about me but I wasn't taking chances.
I'm about to call Ingrid when her call comes in. I don't hesitate to answer the phone.

"Go for Fox." I answer.

She sounds breathless and disoriented. "I'm sorry I didn't show up but you have to leave town now. The mansion is being attacked we're outnumbered and we lost ten men. I think they know who you are." She says frantically and I hear a lot of gunshots and shattering of glasses in the background.

"I already dealt with them. I'm safe." I run my fingers through my tangled black hair.
"Retreat. Get to the safe house and put the mansion on self destruct. I'll be there soon." I say getting into my Ford Mustang.

She was breathless when she speaks again and I swear I feel her shaking her head at me.
"Your cover will be blown if they know your identity. Leave town I'll try to handle everything here."

"It has gone too far. I think it's time my commanders know who I am." I say and end the call not giving her a chance to argue.
I got into my Ford Mustang and pulled out of the warehouse. The gate closes automatically.

  I love Ingrid's loyalty to me and the Mafia. She's the only one I feel genuinely cares about my safety and she's also the only one who knows about my past.
Everyone knows me but no one knows me too.
Some see me as the rich kid with daddy issues others see me as a badass chick. Leader of a mafia. Ruthless and cruel....

But inside I'm Riele. The scared ten years old who watch her family die.
The twenty two years old who has so much anger for the world.
The broken girl who seeks blood and revenge.
It's time for me to make an appearance to finish my mission and die in peace.
To kill every one who had a hand in my destruction.

  It takes an hour to get to the safe house but I get there faster. I pull up in a dark and deserted alley.
I grab the duffle bag from the passenger seat. I put on my mask and a black cloak pulling the hood over my head. I make my way towards the building making sure I wasn't being followed.

  I enter the building and just when I think they left the entrance unguarded. I'm surprised when I feel someone's presence behind me.

"Don't move. Hands in the air." A deep voice commanded pressing their gun at the back of my head. I obey and they run one hand over my body searching for weapons but there's no gun on me only a dagger. A special one.
He pulls it out of my boots and throws it to the ground.
I stay still not even bothered at all.

"You're too close." I say and he chuckles. I hate it when my space is violated.

"I can be as close as I want." He presses himself against my back to prove his point and I feel his hard muscled chest on my back. He reeks of weed and alcohol.

"Drop the gun and I won't kill you." I say flatly and he laughs humourlessly. If only he knew who I was and his life was in my hands.
I elbow him hard making him staggers backward. Grabbing his arm I flip him over and onto the ground with a loud thud I straddle him managing to manoeuvre the gun out of his hold. It's dark and I can't quite see his face.
He punches me across the face and I freeze dropping the gun.

Did he just....

He flips us over so he was straddling me then he reaches for the gun trapping me underneath him but I kick him between his legs and he grunts collapsing atop me. Pushing him off me, I grab the gun just as he grabs the dagger on the ground cutting through the flesh on my thigh. I do a flip getting on my feet and stepping on his hand. I point the gun at his head and he freezes dropping the dagger. I pick it up and put it back in my boots.
"On your feets." I say and he gets up. The moonlight shun on his face giving me a clear view of his face.
I recognise those golden brown eyes anywhere and I freeze but immediately regain my posture.

Carl... How is this possible?!

I clear my throat trying to fix my composure. He puts up quite a fight I have to give him that.
"Lead the way." I command and he turns around with his hands in the air.

"You have no idea what you're walking into." He says and I roll my eyes at the back of his head.
We reach the elevator and he pushes the button with no number on it and it takes us down.
The elevator stops when it reaches its destination. It dings and the door opens.

  Four pair of eyes land on me and they immediately pull their guns out pointing it at me.
I push Carl forward towards them and he stumbles a little but regains his balance. I throw his gun back at him leaving me unarmed.

"Who the fuck are you?" Jade Keeler says holding a gun in her right hand and using her other hand to apply pressure on he wound on her shoulder.
I recognise her from the profiles Ingrid sent me.

"Put your guns down." Ingrid says and I turn to her. They hesitate but eventually drop their guns fixing their attention on Ingrid.
I shut the door leaning against it.
"I'm just a commander like the rest of you." She starts and there's mumbling but they eventually shut up.

"If you're a commander then who is the true head of this Mafia?" Carl ask massaging his shoulder. I might have flipped him to hard.

Ingrid's eyes land on me. "Meet Fox the head of the Mafia."

Carl's eyes widen when he hears my name and I just watch him carefully.
How did I miss him? How do I not know he's a commander?
I pull the hood off my head revealing my jet black hair in a messy bun atop my head. Then I remove the mask from my face keeping my eyes on Carl watching as so many expressions display on his face especially shock.

"The name explains our brand." Jack Quinn says tugging at his sleeve revealing the Tattoo on his arm. It was my initials F with flames around it.
I take my time to access his features. His long blonde hair with a dark brown sombre is pulled in a manbun. His blue eyes sparkle when they land on me and I look away.

"So you're telling me the leader of one of the biggest and most feared mafia in the world is a child?" Billy Davis says. He's a thirty five years old man and if he wasn't so good at this he would be dead for uttering such nonsense from his mouth.

"I take offence by your words." I say flatly keeping my eyes on him.
"I made all of you commanders of different station and states. Then I made Ingrid my second in command and asked her to pose as the head of the Mafia.
  I know everyone of you like the back of my hand. All except one..." I glance at Carl and he's watching me carefully.
"I owe no one an explanation. I'm not a child and I can proudly say the skills of five of you joined together is nothing compared to what I'm capable of.
I killed for the first time at the age of ten. I had the mind of an adult and the body of a child but I trained and I worked hard.
I conned and killed to get here to this throne of Power and death. I hold your lives in the palm of my hands and i will certainly not be called a child." I finish staring pointedly at Billy.

I eye the empty arm chair and take a seat crossing my legs and placing my arm on the armrest.
"Now let's talk about the ambush."