TOXIC☣: 14

Riele...

    I get sitted at the end of the bench. Normally when I take a seat everyone around me scampers today wasn't different but just as Carl makes his way to the podium, Three girls come to sit at the roll I was currently occupying. One bravely sits by my side but I don't say anything I just ignore them.
  I look around the room and I see the spaces are filled up. Majority of the occupants didn't seem like junkies in fact there were just a bunch of girls in skimpy clothes seeking the attention of the Young Sexy Doctor. There was only an handful of people who actually looked like junkies.

  When Carl starts to introduce himself the crowd goes wild. Well the girls go wild cheering when he says his name. I roll my eyes and me being me. I pull my sunglasses out of my bag and put it on. The talk gets boring and I decide I need a smoke.
  Thankfully I got a lighter from my locker earlier this morning when I first arrived at school.
I lit my cigarette and take a deep drag. I enjoy the feel of relief as I exhale the smoke. I'm about to take another drag when my cigarette is taken away. I watch this brave soul stomp on my cigarette crushing it with her heels.
I look up to see Professor Mary Brown. She's the only Teacher that dares to anger me.

"It's people like you that need this so they'll be less of a disappointment." She spat giving me a disgusted look. Not only did she take my smoke away but she insulted me in the presence of everyone.
I even her those three Barbie dolls snicker beside me.
   All I have to do now is think of a suitable way to punish Mrs Mary Brown in public. No one humiliated me and goes scot-free.

"-That's why this great institution of learning has taken it upon themselves to teach you the damages these narcotics you think will make the pain you feel go away, Do to you. The harm it causes to your body. It's like a a lie poison. You keep putting it in your system not knowing what they do to you." Carl says.

A student puts up his hand and Carl nods for him to proceed.
"What makes you think we don't know the damages of these Narcotics?"
The student questioned.

I don't miss the way Carl looks at me when he responds.
"That's exactly why this programme was set up! To create awareness. We all know these Narcotics are very harmful but do we truly understand how dangerous they are? Youths consume these things in the name of pain. No matter the amount of pain you're going through you don't have to turn to Narcotics. You may think they help you but they don't. They only kill you slowly and soon you get addicted and you can't live without them.
  Now let's go into details of the-

"You think you understand?" I say rather too loudly making everyone turn to me. Most of them surprised that I bothered to show up.
Carl's eyes land on me. I hated the attention but since I already had it I should as well make use of it.
  I got on my feets taking off my sunglasses.
"You think you understand the hurt and pain they-we feel that leads to Dealing Narcotics."

"I never said I understood the pain. All I'm saying is there are better ways to deal with it. Your Families and friends are there to help. Therapists are also there to help. We care and that's why we set up thus programme to help in anyway we can." Carl replies. People..I mean His fans applaud for him when he finishes.

"Maybe some of us don't have Families nor Friends to help us.
Maybe some of us don't have the resources for therapy or Do You think a therapist would help if they weren't getting paid to do so?
  You think you would be standing here today if you weren't getting paid to spew bullshit thinking you can help?
It's true these Narcotics are very harmful. It's true we get addicted to the extent we can't live without them.
  But in a world were you feel you're alone, With So many people around you yet no single soul to help you.
It's like being in a crowded room screaming at the top of your voice but no one hears you. Maybe they hear but they choose to be ignorant."

I get so wrapped up in my speech I don't realise I'm making my way to the podium.
Mrs Mary Brown yells at me to go to my seat but I ignore her.

"And there you are, you who know has never taken a drag from a cigarette talk more of drinking Codeine." I continue.

"I'll have you know that Codeine is made for medical treatment. For people with severe cough." He counters and I scoff.

"Doesn't some of this Narcotics serve as medicine? I can't quite remember which ones though." I retort.

"Well too much of Everything isn't good." He argues trying to keep his cool.

Mrs Mary Brown yells at me to shut up and go sit down again. This time I don't ignore her.
"Shut the fuck up. I'm gonna deal with you later!" I yell back at her and she's quite shocked by my outburst.

"You know what I hate the most, people like you. Who think they can help us.
We are forced to sit here and listen to the bullshit you spew from your mouth hole." I turn to the crowd. "Put your hands up if you're being forced to attend this programme! If you don't want to be here but here you are!"
I see a lot of them raise their hands cheering me on.
I turn back to the podium.
"The Majority present here are people who don't give a fuck about Narcotics awareness and other bullshit. They're here because they want ogle the hotshot of a Doctor.
  People don't give a fuck about us. They don't care if we dying on the side walks or we sleeping under the bridge or we rummaging through thrash.
  It's not only Pain that leads a person to deal Narcostics, Some started because of the people around them. Some did it willingly. If you're looking for people to help then go to the hood, the place is a deadbeat. They have no medical facility and when they have an emergency they have to go all the way into town and that's a long distance. You wanted to help, well i just gave you a task."

"Everyone out! It's over. Get out! Go to your classes!" Mrs Mary Brown yells ushering students out.

And just like that it's over. Carl and I are left staring at each other. I watch as he jumps off the podium closing the space between us.
  I hate how hot and bothered I feel anytime he's close to me but I try hard to not show it.

"I don't know what to say to you." He says his breath fanning my face.

"Maybe next time don't try to trick me into doing something because you think it's the best for me or you can help me." I say adding emphasis on the word 'help'.
"If you really want to help me then stay out of my way." I turn to leave but he grabs my arm pulling me into his arms. I don't struggle in his hold not because I don't want to but because I liked it.

This is bad...very bad!

"I can't stay away from you Riele." He says softly sending shivers down my spine.
"Even if I wanted I can't. So instead of trying to get rid of me, accept me Riele. Just be mine."

I scoff. "Then what? You fuck me and decide I'm not what you want anymore or You get me deep in this shit I can't get out anymore. Its only a matter of time till you realise I'm not worth it." I retort trying to get out of his hold.
  Then he does something unimaginable, something so despicable and disrespectful.

He kisses me.

Then I do something stupid, Unlike me. Something simply just unacceptable.

I kiss him back.

  By the time he pulls away we're both breathing heavily and I'm short of words.

"I realise you're too stubborn, proud, obnoxious and defensive to ever give me what I want. So instead of Asking for your Love I'm going to take it. I'm going to show you that our story doesn't have to end the way you predict. I'm going to show you that there's another way. There's always another way."

All the while he spoke I only thought of one thing.

He took my First Kiss!

It plays in my mind over and over again and before I knew it. My Fist comes in contact with his face.